Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

[PS3] Heavy Rain

You get used to it. They tried to make it streamlined. Bethesda and BioWare style of showing you everything wasn't what they were going for. I guess too simple may have it's draw back.

I don't sit far from my TV, so the font size is readable for me.

like when shelby first speaks to the mom and some of the dialogue options are just "trick", "understand", or "convince", I hated that because I didn't know what it meant by trick and that's the option I went with and it was something totally different from what I thought it was.

you were just hoping for the kind of trick her profession normally provides :lol:

i totally agree about some of the QTE being difficult to read especially if they're hovering over a light coloured object like a white wall. but also the font size is way too small. My ps3 is hooked up to my ~21inch CRT TV in my room (yeah yeah laugh it up). the number of times i've hit square instead of circle because the dialouge options are too small.

playing it this morning there were 2 occasions where i went "$#@! i shouldn't have pressed that option now x is going to die and i'm going to have to start over to finish the game with them all alive" just to play through another series of QTE to make them survive.

Exactly, a friend of mine that I watched play it had to reload a couple times because people died and he didn't want them to because he couldn't understand what the symbols meant,

for example, when shelby and luaren are in the car in the lake, he accidently kicked out the window without saving her because he thought that button was to save her.

Edited by Deathmineral

So I get off work @ 8:30pm, head to Best Buy to pick this game up. Drive fast as hell to try and get there before 9pm, turns out they close at freaking 7!!!!!! BAH, so needless to say im like ok wtvr, drive over to the walmart 5 miles away, turns out they don't stock the dang game!!! Apparently nobody wants me to play this game :-\

Exactly, a friend of mine that I watched play it had to reload a couple times because people died and he didn't want them to because he couldn't understand what the symbols meant,

for example, when shelby and luaren are in the car in the lake, he accidently kicked out the window without saving her because he thought that button was to save her.

did the exact same thing so i reloaded before it auto saved :D . also i think on the easier difficulties you can make mistakes and the scene will continue and you wont automatically die (unless its at the critical moment)

i.e. the shelby convenience store fight you can stuff up the buttons with a few of the punches and things

i beat it yesterday. probably took 10hrs all up. i'll definitely continue playing to get the trophies. i wasn't expecting the origami killer's identity. i wont give that away

i'll probably also go back to the start (or near start) and kill off one or two and see how the ending pans out.

i like the way they set up the ending so you could have multiple endings (epilogue).

im not sure if i missed it, but it never really clarified one thing about ethan.

did it ever explain his blackouts? and why he woke up with origami in his hand and was seeing drowning kids? i know it was one of those "red herring" things but still...

i'd love to see them make a sequel, with fewer endings but a longer story (i.e. 15-20hrs for one play through).

I think the reason behind his blackouts and a lot of other holes and inconsistencies in the story, like madison's shower dream, was there to really not so much give the player more reason to feel fulfilled with the story but to try and show that there are things that happen that aren't connected to the goal. It's a little difficult to explain but a good analogy would be you going to the supermarket and being pulled over by the police for over the speed limit on the way there, it's kind of there to add to the realism I think but I think that is a smaller side to it. To me, the reason for his blackouts was to help the player find reasons for other stuff maybe? I'm not sure though, I mean I didn't get to see a lot of the stuff with him blacking out. A good example is madison though, the person I watched play it felt like there wasn't enough info given on her insomnia or felt the entire insomnia excuse scene, shower scene, wasn't needed and felt that it was a fan service kind of thing.

I'm just adding this sentence because I don't like that my post would only be black bars otherwise. :D

Edited by Deathmineral

So 9 stores it took me to find this game!

Went to 3 best buys as I had a $5 rewards I wanted to use, none had the game in stock. Went to 2 Walmarts, Target, Kmart, and 2 Gamestops. Finally got it at the last gamestop on my way home :-\ bah.

So glad my PS3 isn't bricked, <3 Slim.

So glad my PS3 isn't bricked, <3 Slim.

Lucky you I got the old 80 GB one. Oh well, at least I stocked up on demos last week lol. Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, and more :D.

Is it just me or does every PS3 update break PS3s lol. Every time I'm on Joystiq post #1 PS3 update is out. Post #2 PS3 update breaks PS3s lol.

Edited by Krazyxazn

found a link where the blackouts are explained. well, kinda explained. well more explained than the game did anyway lol. WARNING Link Contains SPOILERS

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/heavy-rains-bi...224105436979020

it also highlights 14 other plotholes in the game

i wish there was a way to skip credits. trying to get all the endings it get very repetative.