DexRain

Need a new mouse

So my Mx518 crapped out on me the other day, as soon as I plug it in to any computer the light blips on for a split second than dies, got a good run out of it at least, outlasted the warranty :rolleyes:

Currently using an old 3-button trackball mouse from the mid 90's, judging by the fact I have to pick it up 4 times to get it from one side of my desktop to the other (ahh, the good old days of 800x600 /pukes)

So~ Since I'm pretty clueless when it comes to peripherals, any suggestions on the best mouse I can get for around $50?

I honestly might just get another Mx518, it lasted me awhile and I liked it while it lasted ( I just figured it would be more than 3 1/2 years <.< )

So, does anyone else have a preferred clicking device they would recommend, or should I just stick with what I know?

Oh yeah, has to be a wired mouse, wireless is just a pain, and I'd totally lose it in a week, my basement is a death trap for wireless anything lol

o.o that is quite a bit bigger than my mousepad haha

The only FPS I use my mouse for is Call of Duty (since it won't let me) Everything else I use a PS2 style dual analog controller for.

i was gonna suggest the logitech g7 from this thread, but then i saw you only want wired...

i still think it's a good deal though.

i love me my g5 (which is the same as the aforementioned g7, but wired.)

I have never had an issue with the G7 losing connecting or ghosting. Not sure how it works, but it has worked as good as any wired mouse I have ever used.

you can get a cheap Lexma gaming mouse. Mine was $25 and so far it works like a pro! I love the extra feature buttons and the dpi selection.

800-2200dpi I think I forgot the specs but I know it passes 2000dpi.

I have never had an issue with the G7 losing connecting or ghosting. Not sure how it works, but it has worked as good as any wired mouse I have ever used.

How's the battery life on that thing?

If it isn't terrible I may take it off your hands, battery packs are a plus, and I really like the way logitech mice feel (and it's 20 bucks less than a new Mx518 haha)

I'd still be worried about losing it in my flustercuck of a basement though

Edited by DexRain

I would go with the 518 or a razer

I loved my 518 but picked up a razer after it died and really enjoyed it.

I've actually been looking at the Razer Imperator, I have large hands and the adjustable side buttons is attractive.

Dex: phone Logitech and see if they can do anything for you. They are a really great company when it comes down to being there for their customers, at least in my experience!

I don't have the receipt for the mouse, as I bought it a little over 3 years ago, I do have the original packaging if that helps any, I guess I'll give em a call and see what happens, I bought a $4 Inland laser mouse for the time being as a stop gap, since that old ball mouse was getting unbearable ^^;

Oh, and I like the thumb buttons, it makes messing around on the internet soooooooooo much easier haha

Edited by DexRain