Starcraft II BETA This Month

tkrow21

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i could play this game !!! i have been doing everything to get a key. last resort i will have to buy a damm key !

Gamestop buddy, Preorder and get a KEY! Unfortunately I am all out of keys, and begging on the forums won't get you one even if I had one. I saw your post and at that moment I was out of keys, you then proceeded to pm me if I had anymore. If I had a key you would of gotten one, but people claimed them before you did which is the luck of the draw.

Gamestop isn't giving keys anymore.

Also beta will close in two weeks. Sadface.

Today is the last day they are giving away keys. www.gamestop.com, also the beta will be coming back a few weeks before launch.

You going to be playing this game Krazy?

Btw, for anyone interested - the 1st StarCraft and the expansion pack (Brood War) is on sale for $10 on Amazon.com. The expansion pack lacks only 6 missions (still 24 missions total) than the original. If you finish both games you'll easily have put in more than 100hrs worth of gameplay. If not closer to 200hrs.

Edit:

On a side note, it looks like all the collector editions of SC2 are sold out. Cheapest one on the Amazon.com marketplace is $219 :lol: wtf

I got a StarCraft II Beta Test Invitation yesterday. Is the beta test almost over?

Its is going offline for a few weeks on the 31st of May. They have stated that it will come back online before launch. So get in some games now, and you can play again in a few weeks!

Its is going offline for a few weeks on the 31st of May. They have stated that it will come back online before launch. So get in some games now, and you can play again in a few weeks!

:woot::woo:

Nice! Hard date and another person to confirm what someone else told me - that it should come back online before launch!

He said they were updating their servers.

Guess that means all stats and such will be reset, which is fine with me. Which also means I should stop slacking and actually play my 5 placement games.

So looks like they reset everyone's stats ...or at least mine were. I even had to recreate my name, but I also haven't been able to play in 2 weeks due to being busy so who knows when they did that.

Anyhow, I played my 3 of my 5 Practice Games with the sole intent to learn the Zerg. First game went down in flames due to a Stalker Rush. Second Game - timed out somehow.

Third game - WOW! :woot:

Now that was exciting! Everyone was Terran but me. Purple early Marine Rushed my Teammate - seriously wasn't expecting it that on a Novice map where the debris blocks the paths. I had to create zerglings just to help. It's a good thing my teammate was Terran because if he couldn't pick up his buildings he would have lost for sure. Purple smelt blood and kept coming for him nonstop. He was making good use of drop shipping Marines and Mauraders in with Medivacs. Got lucky and flanked his Medivacs as he was trying to do the same to my base. Counter attacked his expansion uncontested.

Racked up 30 some, close to 40 Hydras - but gosh damn they are slow! Is there no movement speed research for them?!? Sure as silk, purple came back and attacked my teammate's expansion base. (he moved his stuff there when his main base was attacked) Stupid Hydras are too slow so I had to sacrifice his base and move in for a counter. So I go to Purple's front door, and well... damn tanks! :whoa: I hate the word rape, but that's what happened to my Hydras - 24 left. I retreated and left them near Purple's base and went on to Mutas. Had about 15-19 Mutas protecting my new expansion base when Purple's two Medivacs came in unsuspectingly (1 Tank, 6 Mauraders) and got thrashed by my Mutas. Knowing Purple/Teal now know I'm going Mutas I spring for an attack on Purple. Playback shows Purple massing up Marines like crazy as soon as he saw my Mutas. :lol: My Muta attack wasn't enough but I did do enough damage to justify the Muta loss. While I was attacking Purple, Teal was attacking my teammate so I had to build up more units to help him out. My Mutas still would have lost even if I had more time to micro.

Both Teal and Purple kept attacking my teammate and I kept pressure on Purple. Finally my teammate bounced back and asked if I wanted to take out purple ...despite my next set (2 or 3) of Mutas were already there annoying Purple. Here's the funny part though. So purple takes all of his Marines/Mauraders outside of his base to get my Mutas but then sees my teammate's Vikings so he goes to attack them. Just as he takes mobile infantry right over my now burrowed Hydras I pop them up. :lol: Mass Slaughter :lol: Both his army and mine were about equal in size but the surprise attack was just too much. The replay showed Purple completely giving up right after that moment. :woo:

But I was strapped for resources with all those Muta attacks and helping to defend my teammate (albiet a little slowly) and during the game I didn't know he gave up so I used some time building up a new expansion ...since my previous one was Nuked by Teal.

I'm glad my teammate had some skill and could build back up after that constant onslaught he kept getting. He did a couple things that may seem small that saved his bacon. Like when Purple went to build up more forces he left his early 7 Marine rush attacking the Gas Refinery and my teammate used his 1 Reaper he called back to kill off 6 of Purple's Marines while they were focused on the Refinery. Probably would have got all 7 if he didn't freak and call it off early, then waste time reattacking because that gave Purple enough time to finish building more units and checking back in on his rush. But my teammate used his SCVs to finish off that last Marine.

That was an intense game. Even if those guys were new to SC2, they were definitely skilled at the 1st game because those weren't newbies attacking. And gosh damn they changed the Zerg around. Took me while to figure out how to create the new Guardians - Brood Lords. I really like the changes though, the Zerg feel more like an insectoid race then they did in the 1st game. In the first game, it was just different units. In SC2 everything you do follows that insect theme. I definitely prefer the new Queen. I always thought the SC1 Queen was cheapest unit in the game ...and really didn't portray what I'd expect from a Queen. The queen in SC2 reminds me of the one from the movie Aliens, which is awesome hommage ...and honestly the new abilities are more fitting to the game.

Gosh damn I love this game! :cool2:

So looks like they reset everyone's stats ...or at least mine were. I even had to recreate my name, but I also haven't been able to play in 2 weeks due to being busy so who knows when they did that.

The reset occurred with the last patch. Did you play yesterday. I got dropped nearly every game. There are many complaints about it in their forum. I too was amazed at the skill levels of the "new" players. Some have been playing since February but I thought the ones going through the placement round would be somewhat inexperienced like me. Hmmm, maybe when the stats reset, everyone had to go through the placement rounds. To the many that kicked my butt: you're welcome.