Starcraft II BETA This Month

tkrow21

Finally got knocked down to the Bronze league. lol. I guess I should thank my teammate that quit when his base got attacked, before he could witness me hold off the attack. Stupid :rolleyes:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol that was my first game Clay - except I got lucky and opponents weren't too good. Well the Terran guy wasn't too bad, but he was rusty like me.

Didn't play any SC2 this weekend - instead I went back and played the campaign missions from the 1st StarCraft. Kind of hard when you try not to lose a unit or building. Somehow I lost 1 guy on the 9th mission of the Terran Campaign. I accepted an early tank loss on the 10th mission because the stupid computer kept rushing me with marines, tanks and a nuke ghost but I think I could have beaten that mission without a loss if I micro'd better at the beginning. Zerg are too squishy to not lose a unit. Got up to Mission 6 but I think I only managed half of those without a loss. When I get up to the Brood War campaigns I think I am just going to have to focus on winning.

Here are a couple screenshots of my best scores. The one is obscenely large (and long) because that is the game my teammate abadoned me. Though watching the replay I didn't know I had the guy the ropes as much as I did - oh well. Finally found where all the screenshots go. (My Documents -> StarCraft 2 Beta) ...I was looking in Program Files before.

post-32259-12735085344793_thumb.jpg

post-32259-12735085511363_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fogel

I played SC: Brood War with my friend (co-op vs. AI) Saturday night...until there was a power flicker and the ports on his router went :doh:

Man was it so different from SC2.

1. I kept upgrading my ship plating thinking i was upgrading my vehicle plating because SC has them laid out differently than SC2.

2. I went to employ the build-CC-at-current-base-and-fly-it-to-secondary-location strategy, forgetting that it moved so much slower in SC than SC2.

3. I literally thought my game was messed up and didn't save my settings from when I last played because the graphics were so horrible.

Me: "Ugh, I think my settings are effed up"

Friend: "How so?"

Me: "The graphics look horrible"

Friend: "That's because you played SC2"

Me: "No, seriously, I think they're worse than usual"

:friend walks over and peers at my screen:

Friend: "That's normal"

Me: "Seriously?"

Friend: "Yes"

Me: "Wow, I guess the graphics were worse than I remembered."

Friend: "I hate you"

lol I play it every year so I am used to the dated graphics

If you really want a trip down memory lane, get on Battle.Net and remind yourself how clunky and crappy that interface was. It sucked back then, its horrid now

I've played some really graphic intensive games and seen some really good simulators, so I don't know why... but I just really dig SC2's graphics. I honestly am looking forward more so for Single Player campaign missions than anything else. Either games focus on the MP and don't care about the SP missions (FPS games) or focus entirely just on SP ...and sometimes it's still short.

Wish more games followed Blizz's lead and provided a game with both a solid SP campaign and solid MP.

Can't wait to see what the Xel'Naga look like.

lol I play it every year so I am used to the dated graphics

I play it all the time when I hang out with my friend at his house, and have since the game came out. Apparently the past month of playing SC2 really changed how I see that game now. lol.

I have a few StarCraft II beta keys up for grabs

I will post the first one here in 10 minutes. First come first SERVE!

***EDIT!

Better yet to make sure that an Active OCC member will get it please post a message here, and I will then draw those whom are interested!

***EDIT!

Better yet to make sure that an Active OCC member will get it please post a message here, and I will then draw those whom are interested!

I would like a key please.

***EDIT!

Can you send one to Dr_Bowtie please ...just in case mine doesn't work.

Still waiting for him to respond back, but I been too busy to check back with him ...not at home much these days.

***EDIT!

If you have an extra and no one else wants it I've got a friend that would like to have one. obviously OCC members should be the first in line though.

Edited by flareback

i want a key sooo bad , i have gone to over 20+ store to pre-order it so i can get the key but no place around my house has key left over. so i havent got a key or pre-order the game.

This game is a lot different than the original. It took me a while to figure out how to expand the creep. It is fun though. I finished my five unrated, I ended with 2 wins. My first game I got waxed. I think my problem is I try to go for too big of units first.