Starcraft II BETA This Month

tkrow21

So your data shows that Blizzard will release its games in one of two seasons, out of four. Wow, brilliant deduction!

Most companies strive for summer or holiday releases.

+1 Spring / Fall cycles are pretty popular.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your data shows that Blizzard will release its games in one of two seasons, out of four. Wow, brilliant deduction!

Most companies strive for summer or holiday releases.

~5 day time frame in the summer

3 months in the winter (2 months for a christmas release, 1 month if they just missed a christmas release)

First you belittle me and say my data doesn't prove anything.

Then you pretty much say... duh! :blink:

Why even bother? What was the point?

I'm just trying to strike up conversation with other StarCraft fans to predict a release date. No other company, that I know of, is as systematic as Blizzard is which narrows the playing field for a reasonable guess. Obviously you don't want to play along - so don't.

@greengiant

From what I seen reported though its actually the Single Player campaign holding back the game. That's usually one thing games want to get spot on before they release it. Multiplayer is easier to patch because people have to connect online so forcing a patch is much easier. So I guess it just really depends on how polished the Single Player Campaign is I guess. Shame we have no insight to that.

~5 day time frame in the summer

3 months in the winter (2 months for a christmas release, 1 month if they just missed a christmas release)

First you belittle me and say my data doesn't prove anything.

Then you pretty much say... duh! :blink:

Why even bother? What was the point?

I'm just trying to strike up conversation with other StarCraft fans to predict a release date. No other company, that I know of, is as systematic as Blizzard is which narrows the playing field for a reasonable guess. Obviously you don't want to play along - so don't.

@greengiant

From what I seen reported though its actually the Single Player campaign holding back the game. That's usually one thing games want to get spot on before they release it. Multiplayer is easier to patch because people have to connect online so forcing a patch is much easier. So I guess it just really depends on how polished the Single Player Campaign is I guess. Shame we have no insight to that.

Last I heard campaign was done. Chances are they are printing the GOLD copies as we speak. They are going to continue the multiplayer beta though, as there are many new back end things they need to test.

Patch 9 hit tonight!

MAP EDITOR!

Free beta key for anyone who pre-orders on Gamestop.

Needless to say, I've preordered.

Same.

Add me at hosnappp.hosnappp

I'm a decent player, I'll win with anyone who adds me, promise.

greengiant and I just played a quick one. This game is truly a feat. It's the best game I think I have ever played.

He's a good player too.

Edited by hosnappp

Same.

Add me at hosnappp.hosnappp

I'm a decent player, I'll win with anyone who adds me, promise.

greengiant and I just played a quick one. This game is truly a feat. It's the best game I think I have ever played.

He's a good player too.

Practice Mode isn't very much of a practice mode. I'm trying to learn the units, but I can't do that if people are rushing me :lol:.

Single player upgrades detailed. Taken from the latest build of the single player game, totally separate from the multiplayer portion.
Wow, that is completely different :blink:

Practice Mode isn't very much of a practice mode. I'm trying to learn the units, but I can't do that if people are rushing me :lol:.

Wow, that is completely different :blink:

Hey, Clay.(Rhymes...)

I just tried to add ya but the patch is in the middle of being loaded to the servers so I can't log on, but when it's back I'll be sure to add you so we can experiment and skirmish or something.

Hey, Clay.(Rhymes...)

I just tried to add ya but the patch is in the middle of being loaded to the servers so I can't log on, but when it's back I'll be sure to add you so we can experiment and skirmish or something.

Cool. Yeah, after the patch, I played (had to recreated my character), but then a message popped up saying the system was going down in 5 minutes (and counted down every minute). Haven't checked if it's back up.

Free beta key for anyone who pre-orders on Gamestop.

Needless to say, I've preordered.

Dude, I :wub: u man!

I went to GameStop yesterday and pre-ordered - gave me two codes on the receipt actually. Odd.

THIS GAME IS FREAKIN' INSANE!

They changed so much I felt lost. Normally I don't like to play StarCraft against people - mostly with friends against the PC or playing the single player campaign, but if this is the only way I can play than play it I will. After playing my first game last night I can't wait till the Single Player campaign is released.

So after waiting 4hrs for the initial download and to download all the freaking patches (9pm to 1am!) I finally got a chance to start up the game. Chose 2vs2 so I could get some team play action going on. Though my teammate didn't really like me - he wanted to launch an offensive and I was still trying to figure out what did what and where I find things, etc. So his offensive, though an impressive army, failed because the other farmed in and he didn't micro manage his units early enough. So after that, the enemy counter attacked - held them back and right after my teammate left. :(

Now its 2vs1 :unsure:

Other team was cool though - we talked a couple minutes. They launched an offensive against me that I held off. After I rebuilt 25% of my base and army I sent an army in position. Before attacking I really had to go blink - I come back from the bathroom and hear the words no SC Player wants to hear... Nuclear Launch Detected!

They nuked the snot out of my expansion base and launched a major offensive against my base. Destroyed just about everything in my expansion base and about 50% of my main base when I finally stopped them. Counter attacked with my army near their base and ended up destroying both their main bases and 1 expansion base. The Terran guy farmed in on this expansion base so much that I couldn't penetrate his defenses. Took a small army and widdled the remainder of the enemy Protoss and the CC of the Terran. I saw the Terran guy trying to form an expansion base on the otherside of the map so rush over and destroyed that base. That did it.

When my teammate dropped I thought for sure I was gonna get roughed up, so that win was totally unexpected. That felt good. By the time that game finished it was 3am and my adrenaline was rushing so I couldn't go to sleep right away. I paced around for a good hour afterwards. Bad thing is I'm on duty today... u-ugh. :wacko:

1st Victory!

Sure my next and following games I'll be the one to get rocked so I'll enjoy my wins where I can get them, but I really like how they start you off with other new people that way you aren't all of a sudden matched with someone that is at a far greater skill level. Would be nice to see nice that become a trend in most multiplayer games. Even though I won I still got lucky and accidently made some good calls ...and I still don't fully understand the Tech/Unit Tree. So many changes! Though it did help having SC1 experience with the units they kept in SC2.

I can't believe how awesome this game looks and how polished it is in beta form. Its quite apparant Blizz has been taking their time with this game. Even the patcher looked cool.

Edited by Fogel

I was the same way in the beginning. I chose 2v2 and random since I wanted a teammate and didn't know what race to try first. Wound up being Zerg and like you, made some accidental good choices I guess because it worked well and we wiped the floor with them, with me actually doing a lot of the heavy lifting. I thought I was pretty good....then I lost my next two games (as Zerg & Protoss) before finally winning again (as Terran) :lol: