Cvd Diamond Heatsink?

KraZy

Ok, I have been doing my research into abstract cooling solutions, and have found out that synthetic diamonds have some of the best thermal conductivity. (about 10 to 15 times that of silver!) I don't have the article link available now, but I have read that some higher end cooling solutions use a Florinert mist over these to achieve awesome cooling resutls. Of course, this is at a very tiny level...

Has anyone heard of any heatsinks that use these diamonds? Or better yet, anyone know of any prices on the raw diamond wafers? Designing a waterblock to use these wouldnt be that hard....

btw, they are "real" diamonds, just that they come in wafer form most of the time, and cannot pass for gem stones. like i said, they would be kick-. for heatsinks, and they are a heck of alot cheaper than regular rocks. also, it seems that the clarity of the crystal does not matter that much... so, even if a completely yellow wafer were made, it would still surpas silver in heat transfer. (hence, making it alot cheeper..)

Click here for a list of about 200 research groups and colleges that say otherwise.

Morgan Advanced Ceramics -

"Diamond has long been the technologically preferred material for critical thermal management applications due to its extremely high thermal conductivity, low coefficient of thermal expansion and high electrical resistivity. High costs, however, have traditionally been associated with diamond heat spreaders."

Reserch Paper released by University of Bristol, U.K. stating extreme properties of CVD Diamonds on Berkeley.edu

Want more? :angry:

I say that a lil "bling" is in order for my case now lol. Would you imagine a fat diamond in your comp (i know it would be a wafer and all, but just thing about this) and you could do various lighting effects through it... that would be cool, and an ultimate case mod :)