where did everyones post count go?

cirro

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post count only came back to the topic display a few years ago... previous versions of the OCC theme had it removed. ;) It is, has been, and will remain to be viewable in the user profile for those that absolutely need it.

The new forums do feature a reputation system, which should be far more useful for judging a person than post count.

Like I said, it is an overemphasized metric that some people mistakenly think represents something important. I think they'll forget about it once they see the reputation system in place. Though some will remain resistant to change. :P

No, moderators need to start doing a better job of moderating... this includes checking post in the Market Place and ensuring everything else is in the correct forum(s).

The fact that you said post counts will remain in the left-hand menu for moderators just proves you know there is a need for it. What ever happened to allowing members to self-police?

There's no reason why reputation and post counts can't both be on display. You want to remove some useless information on the left-hand side, remove the member number.

No system is perfect. Reputation is ripe for abuse, and you can argue all you want that there will be measures to prevent abuse, but sorry, you're not going to catch it all.

Yes, moderators can still see the post count... and the main reason for that is to aid them in moderating the marketplace. We have been discussing how the marketplace works, and may be making changes to the requirements. Heck, we could even start topic approvals if we need to.... either for the forum, or for new members only.

The pips (stars) are still in place, and give a general indication of how many posts a user has.

A lot of things are changing... some things the members will enjoy, some they may not. Nothing will make everyone happy. So just sit back, and like Dave said... don't get your panties in a wad. :P

Yes, moderators can still see the post count... and the main reason for that is to aid them in moderating the marketplace. We have been discussing how the marketplace works, and may be making changes to the requirements. Heck, we could even start topic approvals if we need to.... either for the forum, or for new members only.

The pips (stars) are still in place, and give a general indication of how many posts a user has.

A lot of things are changing... some things the members will enjoy, some they may not. Nothing will make everyone happy. So just sit back, and like Dave said... don't get your panties in a wad. :P

You're here posting that removal will remain and is intentional, yet Dave posted that after the update is done, it'll be brought back, as it should be an easy fix.

Now I'm going to go with what Dave says, but maybe you to should talk :P

The fact that you said post counts will remain in the left-hand menu for moderators just proves you know there is a need for it. What ever happened to allowing members to self-police?

There's no reason why reputation and post counts can't both be on display. You want to remove some useless information on the left-hand side, remove the member number.

No system is perfect. Reputation is ripe for abuse, and you can argue all you want that there will be measures to prevent abuse, but sorry, you're not going to catch it all.

:withstupid:

Like I said, it is an overemphasized metric that some people mistakenly think represents something important. I think they'll forget about it once they see the reputation system in place. Though some will remain resistant to change. :P

sez the man who joins a protest group every time Facebook has an update to the format... :P

Does anyone else find this thread as Funny as i do? :lol: Way to come down on CelticaFLM im ashamed of you guys stereotyping!

(yes i know your just joking and so am i! - yeesh sarcasm Really doesnt translate well on the internet, maybe we should have something in the forum update to facilitate it too?)

Imagine the Radge that N.E.A and ballistix are in now because they were battling it out for the Best Spammer award in the Forum Nominations :lol:

But on a sirious note, i think the post count, in alot of cases, does help give an idication as to how reputable a member is.. ofcourse one would have to be a complete nitwit to believe one member over another based on a post count. Also i kinda got used to seeing it there and now its like im trying to familiarize myself with something although im not quite sure what :unsure:

Perhaps those pointless stars should indicate a persons Rep instead? now theres an idea for you ;)

Edited by SenitaL

Just so EVERYONE understands clearly.

This is a massive upgrade........

There is alot of things coming and going. What will be here after everything is done Bryan, Norm, Scott and Myself do not know yet. There is so much new stuff to look at test out as in features. So before you guys get all bent out of shape just relax we will do our best to give u the features you want. Bryan and I are both working multiple jobs right now while trying to get this done so again please just be patient.

+2