Jump to content
The EvilAlex

Wait for Fermi or...??

Recommended Posts

get the HD5970??

I'm asking this because I'll be getting I7-920 CPU no mater what(well, if the new 6-core arrive when Fermi, at a affordable price, then I will get that), since the higher I7's are to expensive and I'm worried that my CPU(i7-920) will botleneck my GPU(Fermi), what do you guys think???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to you, there will always be something new. Fermi will be out in ~april or so, I would just go out and buy one now.

Edited by GlimmerMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:withstupid: I agree. Just buy that 5970 that you want to get. Just hopefully when Feri does come out it will be able to compete with the 5970/5800 series. I want to see lower prices so I can buy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just got with a 5970 ... just because the fermi will be released supposely in april which im actually here closer to september does not mean there dual core will be released at the same time. So you will be looking at an even later date for something similar to the 5970 in performance... cpu should be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the i7 970 will be a Hex-Core, with a locked multiplier on the 32nm fabrication process. Should come in around the price of the current i7 960. If you'd like to wait. 2Q 2010.

And if you want lower prices, you can wait for Fermi, which should release in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

personally i'd wait for fermi, but really it depends on whether you feel like your current hardware isn't doing the job. a lot of people say "you could wait forever" or words to those effect, and it's true, however the longer you can hold out, the better deal you will get! the 5xxx series will also most likely see a significant price drop after fermi releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, the i7 970 will be a Hex-Core, with a locked multiplier on the 32nm fabrication process. Should come in around the price of the current i7 960. If you'd like to wait. 2Q 2010.

And if you want lower prices, you can wait for Fermi, which should release in March.

 

Seriously? where did you see that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5970 vs whatever comes there wont be much difference. maybe 15 fps ? which u wont see if u are already maxing out the game or coming close too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could always buy and if when the dual core fermi actually does arrive... you could sell and buy a fermi.... id be shocked if you still dont get a premium for it then and break out even... if it even seems necessary then to do so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...