Newegg has gotten slow in the past year!! ARGHH

I've used rush processing before with not only newegg but others as well.. and the orders dont seem to get processed any faster. I have also noticed that orders you choose next day or 2nd day seem to take longer to process then standard shipping..

Just an observation...

In general, I usualy get the orders delivered in the same amount of time no matter what shipping or rush status I use.. So I usually choose normal processing and the cheapest shipping :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in the past I have had things shipped the same day...I call them. they say "yes sir we havent even debited your bank yet" the bank says "yes sir they sure have".... its still processing why cant you add the added shipping in?

overclocking101,

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused by your recent order experience. We advise processing can take 1-2 business days due to the fact that we cannot always ship orders the same day and we offer the Rush Processing to make your order priority. We advise this fee will be refunded if we fail to ship the order the same day, as well. The first step we take when processing the order is requesting the bank to place a hold on the funds so we know that payment can be received. At this point, neither the customer nor Newegg has the funds since the bank places this money on hold for us. Since we have an authorization for a specific dollar amount, we cannot make any edits to the order because if the dollar amount changes, we would then be requesting a charge for a different amount than is on hold. I know that this doesn't sound difficult, but this will sometimes cause payment declines which will cause major delays and further inconveniences.

In the interest of processing your order and enabling you to receive it as quickly as possible, please contact Newegg Rep Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected].

Thank You,

Newegg.com

Edited by Newegg_Support

overclocking101,

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused by your recent order experience. We advise processing can take 1-2 business days due to the fact that we cannot always ship orders the same day and we offer the Rush Processing to make your order priority. We advise this fee will be refunded if we fail to ship the order the same day, as well. The first step we take when processing the order is requesting the bank to place a hold on the funds so we know that payment can be received. At this point, neither the customer nor Newegg has the funds since the bank places this money on hold for us. Since we have an authorization for a specific dollar amount, we cannot make any edits to the order because if the dollar amount changes, we would then be requesting a charge for a different amount than is on hold. I know that this doesn't sound difficult, but this will sometimes cause payment declines which will cause major delays and further inconveniences.

In the interest of processing your order and enabling you to receive it as quickly as possible, please contact Newegg Rep Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected].

Thank You,

Newegg.com

:blink:

How did you find our site?

Never had an issue with NewEgg.

Always take the standard route and job done, just had to order a new wrist strap and from order to delivery = 3 days.

( That was my smallest order, largest was around 1300ish USD )

overclocking101,

Thank You,

Newegg.com

Now that's customer service!

+1

If a company goes out of it's way to find you and reply to your issue, thats quality. It also depends on if you are near one of their distribution centers. Here in San Diego, we have their main office just up the road in City Of Industry, CA. I can order on a tuesday before 5pm, and i usually have it the next day. It all depends man.

How did you find our site?
They're a large company that I'm assuming has a group of people that browse through the web trying to find feedback on their company.

They acknowledge that at times they could be slow and that people could be having issues so they search for "newegg "slow" " (as well as other queries) and come across the 7th one down on that list.

Which happens to be this thread.

honestly, i've been going with amazon lately for this exact reason. Amazon has blown me away lately with how fast they've been getting stuff to me, and i always use the cheapest (usually free) shipping option. I ordered some cables from them on a thursday @ 5:50pm and i got them Friday around 5pm. that was via their free shipping, i couldn't believe it.

honestly, newegg has been going downhill for a while now

:withstupid: +1, been finding stuff quit a bit cheaper elsewhere myself. I about quit buying from them completely as of late. I ordered 2-64 bit win 7 disc a couple nights ago at around 11:15 pm CDT, I then realized my dads needed to be 32 bit, I hit cancel order then ordered then made another order with a 64 bit and a 32 bit, here came an email saying order cant be canceled that it had already shipped in a matter of 15 minutes at almost midnight. I called the next morning and got it canceled though...

Edited by road-runner

agreed! I had almost lost hope but found out what the problem was! my address had somehow gotten mixed up in the system even though I manually put in the billing and shipping address the same so the order got cancelled this morning as soon as they opened their phone lines up, I placed a new order with next day shipping/ rush processing and within hours my order was charged and shipped by 3pm this afternoon! hot damn newegg! i had almost gone tiger direct or amazon!

:withstupid: +1, been finding stuff quit a bit cheaper elsewhere myself. I about quit buying from them completely as of late. I ordered 2-64 bit win 7 disc a couple nights ago at around 11:15 pm CDT, I then realized my dads needed to be 32 bit, I hit cancel order then ordered then made another order with a 64 bit and a 32 bit, here came an email saying order cant be canceled that it had already shipped in a matter of 15 minutes at almost midnight. I called the next morning and got it canceled though...

While I have never, ever has a problem with Newegg, I can see this. Free shipping honestly is what I look for when buying a product, so hopefully Newegg catches on to Amazon and others and offers more free shipping options. They have always processed my orders very quickly, I just hate paying sometimes six to eight dollar son shipping. Even the Newegg Saver shipper is very nice, but I'd rather have free three day shipping.

But that's just me. :P