Sign in to follow this  
ClayMeow

Lost - Season 6 - The Final Season

I've never seen this show O_O

I have Ivy, and it's too boring, each episode brings near nothing new to the table imo, too drawn out with a meh storyline = no go for me when theres always something else better on like Family Guy, even if they're re-runs v.v

Well, that was disappointing.

I don't know if I'd say the episode was disappointing...it was an excellent episode...what was somewhat disappointing was that it didn't really answer many questions about the island itself

All it explained was that the flash sideways were a sort of afterlife.

Disappointing finale, though I still enjoyed it. I'm sure there's a lot of Lost things that will come about in the future, especially tying in all the loose ends. There's too much money to be made not to.

The thing to remember about LOST, is that the show is about the characters, not the island. The finale definitely captured that essence, IMO.

Still too many unanswered questions, but finally, I can stop wondering - because I know for a fact that these questions will never be answered.

I got the feeling that the whole plot changed a number of times as the writers themselves got confused!

One of the funny things about the last episode is that Jack's father tells him to "Let go.". I think that is a message to the fans more then to Jack. The show has so many lose ends I don' think its possible to tie them all off. This isn't bad thing because it makes getting to end very interesting. Its just that the ending can't be as good as the lead up to it.

Still too many unanswered questions, but finally, I can stop wondering - because I know for a fact that these questions will never be answered.

I got the feeling that the whole plot changed a number of times as the writers themselves got confused!

lol.

Well I think they had a general idea of where they wanted to go with it, but the "journey" leading up that point was never written in stone and they adapted based on various things. I mean, Ben was initially signed up for only three episodes, and several other characters were like that as well.

The one thing Matthew Fox said on Jimmy Kimmel last night was that:

he knew since the very beginning that it would end with Jack (his character) closing his eye, which I assumed as well, since it simply made sense....but that was the only thing he knew for sure.

I agree we'll never learn all the answers, but there are rumors of a LOST movie. There are two main ways it could go, IMO:

Prequel movie - explaining the origin of the island. We know that there was an earlier civilization on the island because of the statues/temples, but know nothing about it. The earliest thing we technically know is that Jacob and MIB's (non-birth) mother was the protector of the island "before" the events of LOST. But why?

Post-Jack/MIB - we can assume from the conversation with Hurley and Ben at the very end that they "served" as #1 and #2 on the island for more than the two seconds we saw in the finale. As such, they could possibly show what happens on the island with them "reigning". We know they eventually die, as they wouldn't have been at the church if they hadn't, but we don't know how or when. We also don't know if Lapidus, Miles, Richard, Kate, Claire & Sawyer successfully make it back to "the real world" or if they die trying to escape. Could that last scene during the credits showing a plan wreckage have been their plane? Again, we know they die eventually, but we just don't know when.

Guest ajmatson

Man I agree the show was awesome but left way to many unanswered questions. :)