New parts and no monitor signal....PLEASE HELP!!

R1P5AW

Hey I don't think so. I was away for a week and it booted up perfectly in the old setup before switching it to the new case..

new cpu was installed before or after? it worked perfectly? possible bad cpu? possible bad settings in bios? clear cmos try again? can you get into the bios at all?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it hasnt worked with this CPU and I can not get into BIOS. I literally get nothing on my monitor when I boot up.

Boy this is frustrating but I really appreciate your guys help :thumbs-up:

Do you have any other spare parts you could use to help diagnose? Different video card or RAM sticks? Maybe one of them got screwy in the transfer?

I tried an old video card and it was the same thing. Unfortunately I have no extra RAM to try.

could it be because I have not updated my BIOS recently? I see that I need the new BIOS to run this chip and do not believe I have the most recent version..

Would this still cause no monitor display? If so, how can I update my BIOS in the current state?

this would make ur computer not post. u need to go to the gigabyte site and find ur board and download the LATEST bios. then put ur old cpu back in so it post, now u can update ur bios and once its updated u can put the new cpu and it should post.

Edited by insan3

this would make ur computer not post. u need to go to the gigabyte site and find ur board and download the LATEST bios. then put ur old cpu back in so it post, now u can update ur bios and once its updated u can put the cpu and it should post.

Ok..I will try this right now and keep you posted. Thanks again for the help guys!

Here's what I'd recommend...

Remove from case.

Install old CPU and hardware...verify that it works properly.

Flash to latest BIOS.

Swap CPU. Verify, test, etc.

Start putting stuff into the case. If it doesn't work, well, something is awry with your install - check for a short, perhaps a motherboard mount out of place?