New parts and no monitor signal....PLEASE HELP!!

R1P5AW

I added several new parts to my system today and went to boot it up and heres what happens:

The fans start up like normal then after 3-4 seconds everything shuts off then immediately boots back up like normal and the system sounds like its running rine but there is NO SIGNAL to the monitors!! :angry:

Parts I added:

1. Moved everything from Antec 300 -> CM HAF 932

2. Removed e6750 cpu and inserted brand new q9550 cpu

3. CM GeminII CPU Cooler

3. Added WD Caviar Black 1tb Drive

Note: Everything worked perfectly while working in the Antec 300 shortly before installing in the new system.

System Specs:

q9550 CPU w/ GeminII

GIGABYTE GA P35C-DS3R

Sapphire ATI HD 5850

G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ

WD VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB

WD CavBlack 1TB

Samsung HD 501LJ 500 GB

Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU

I have tried booting using my old video card and no dice. I also tried booting with no drives connected and only 1 stick of ram and still no luck. :angry2: I have reseated the video card and checked all my connections and believe everything is all set...

I would really appreciate any help on this!!

Thanks

-R1P

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might wanna try moving it from the case to a non-conductive surface. You might have a short somewhere with the new case.

+1

Minimum build outside the case. Sounds like a shorting issue to me. Check all standoffs and corresponding mounting holes in the motherboard.

I just tried to boot outside of the case. I had the mobo, cpu w/ cooler, video card w/1 monitor connected and only 1 stick of ram and same thing happened. It booted for a couple seconds then shut completely off for a second then sounded like it was booting again with the fans running but no beeps to the mobo.

Any ideas? Should I try with out the video card?