Camshaft

Card reader?

Hi, I was looking at a new card reader for the new case I'm looking to buy. I need it to fit in an Antec 900 case without modification, as well as work with an Asus P6T motherboard. Does that motherboard accept a floppy drive connector? Are there any combination floppy drives/card readers that are worth buying? Thanks.

Hi, I was looking at a new card reader for the new case I'm looking to buy. I need it to fit in an Antec 900 case without modification, as well as work with an Asus P6T motherboard. Does that motherboard accept a floppy drive connector? Are there any combination floppy drives/card readers that are worth buying? Thanks.

Floppy Drive/Card Readers

Link

That's the one I use, it works wonderfully on Windows 7 x64, that was the main selling point for me! :)

So I'd recommend Cables Unlimited ^^

Hmmm, cheap, attractive, and runs on 64-bit Windows 7? I'm sold, thank you!

When you have a card reader on a computer running Windows, generally it will pre-assign drive letters to the various card slots on the reader. In my case, my reader on my computer since I have four different slots for different types of flash memory,I have 4 drives that show up with drive letters pre-assigned in My Computer.When I stick a card in the card reader, I just have to open up the appropriate pre-assigned drive that has the card. If I choose the wrong one,then it tells me there is nothing there.So, you should have a bunch of drives in My Computer that are associated with that card reader. You should be able to try each one when the card is inserted and eventually find the proper one.And depending on how your settings are configured in Windows, you should potentially get a dialog box that pops up when Windows detects the card giving you a bunch of options as to what you can do with the card...one of them usually being open up the card in Windows Explorer.

Actually, the one i posted does NOT show those empty drive holders, only one appears AFTER you put in a card or use the usb port :)

That's an interesting feature, my current machine assigns all of them to F drive and my mother's old machine would be a guessing game. Cool.