Sign in to follow this  
Camshaft

Cam's Worklog

Hi guys, I'm getting ready to build a new computer based around the Core i7 920 processor. Until then, I'm upgrading my HP Pavilion a6433w, with components that will eventually carry over, or make the HP into a good media center PC when I'm done. I've already installed a Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600W power supply and 4 gigs of RAM from Kingston. Tonight, I installed a hand-me-down EVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT video card (free from a friend), and cleaned the dust out of my case.

1000537r.jpg

A shot of the card:

1000540.jpg

Here's a shot of the inside of the case, with the new RAM, power supply, and graphics card installed.

1000541.jpg

As I was finishing up, my cat, Fairlight, decided to help. He's a seven-month-old purebred Siamese.

1000543j.jpg

That's all for now. Now I'm going to start saving up for a new case, followed by a new motherboard, processor, and RAM.

Edited by Camshaft

I know this is gonna sound like a strange question but why is the fan on your cpu cooler crooked?

I know this is gonna sound like a strange question but why is the fan on your cpu cooler crooked?

Weird, huh? The bezel it's monted in is straight, but for whatever reason, the fan is turned sideways. I didn't put it there, so I cannot speak for the installation, but it seems to cool fine.

@dr_bowtie: Thanks! Here's a better picture of him:

post-70590-1264994441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Camshaft

I have th exact same Pavillion 'a' series. The fan on my HSF isn't crooked though.

What CPU do you guys have in yours? Might have something to do with it lol.

Mine's an 8650 Tri-core.

My mom has the same model HP and hers is crooked also and i thought it was weird cuz i never seen another computer that had a cooler that was crooked.