Killing Floor

Andrewr05

This is a pretty awesome game, I've had it for a few weeks now and I'm lvl 2 Sharpshooter and Commando (almsot lvl 3).

KILLING FLOOR

It took me awhile to get used to not having ANY cross-hairs but I actually like it quite a bit that way, it adds a level of skill that a lot of other shooters seem to be lacking.

It is far from a perfect game but its pretty fun even if it does get a bit repetitive after awhile...

Does anyone else play?

Lol good thing I got l4d2 instead of Killing Floor. Never gets boring.

Though I like the style and vibe of Killing Floor. It's like a decay/dark/horror - ish kind... it has some nice elements, and though I haven't played it, I would imagine that L4D2 is a bit better. At least I like it better (thats why I got it lol)

Left 4 dead 2 is definitely more team based but the teamwork in it is very linear because it puts all of your teamwork opportunities into things like a smoker grabbing you or a jockey on your back. The reason I like killing floor's teamwork better is because it provides opportunity to fight the zombies in a unique way, no one can handle all of them by themselves so it has to be split up and depending on the class fighting whichever zombie can usually determine the win or loss, for example a sharpshooter with a crossbow is most ideal for scrakes and flesh pounds, the demolition would almost always die depending on the distance, though they can do a lot of damage, the grenades usually can't take down a flesh pound fast enough. Another good example of killing floor's teamwork is when someone is being chased by a scrake or flesh pound and someone else is shooting is with a pistol and provokes it and the guy being chased is killed as a result, that's bad teamwork though, and is common. Killing floor also provides the opportunity for the team to compete and see who can kill the most zombies, though this is usually unfair if there is a demolition around. Anyway, that's my favorite aspect of the game, the teamwork is very unique in my opinion. Though I still love left 4 dead, has the best zombies around. :D

• 1 year later...

1 Year late to the party haha. I bought it during the Christmas special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61i-gNNq6V4

You know you can hit mouse 3 and switch the commando weapons to semi-automatic. Not sure if you knew it so I figured I'd mention it, it's usually what I do when I play commando since I find the ammo to be rather limited.

Good choice of song by the way, great way to advertise dead island. :D