And they called it iPad

sdy284

"netbooks "cheap laptops" that tried but failed to create a third category between smartphones and notebook PCs."

What the eff?

FWIW "netbook" search results on Google trump "Macbook", "iMac" and "iPad"... quite the failure...

:lol:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the eff?

FWIW "netbook" search results on Google trump "Macbook", "iMac" and "iPad"... quite the failure...

:lol:

just because it gets more search results doesn't mean it wasn't a failure. Lets look at some sales numbers to figure that out (cnet). So no it wasn't a failure, The numbers are pretty good I think.

just because it gets more search results doesn't mean it wasn't a failure. Lets look at some sales numbers to figure that out (cnet). So no it wasn't a failure, The numbers are pretty good I think.

Wait, wait. Are you saying netbooks are a failure?

Wait, wait. Are you saying netbooks are a failure?

no

I was being sarcastic...

:P

I didn't think you were but I was saying that the number of google results is not a good way to show success or failure. Maybe I didn't come across as saying that but that's what I was going for.

think about it. work in the office. do your work. take the screen out and go home and plug it into your office dock at home. keep working on your project. the really sad thing about this is that business will keep your productive when your at home, on the road, heck itll plug into your car and be your cars GPS navigation screen + multi use device. drive, touch it, got all your music on it. its really going to be multi adaptable when you cant use a small screen. its the iphone with every single annoying thing about its smallness removed.

No man. The x86 era has begun long ago; using iPads as business' devices would require changing all applications and probably re-writing most files. That just cannot be done.

And let's say some part of the employees use the iPad. How will you ensure compatibility with x86 systems? It would be very complex to make an iPod/Phone/Pad application in the likes of Mercurial that would manage the different filesystems, different encodings and different file extensions, while keeping its simultaneous editing and merging abilities.

Edited by The Smith

so.. I know I am a bit late on this but whats with the "i" in iPod, iMac, etc..

I love the new iTampon when I seen the chicks were calling it that I loled!

intelligent

Actually, it originally meant Internet to signify that the iMac line was designed to be hooked up to the Internet. After that it just sorta became an Apple thing and doesn't really have an actual meaning anymore.