And they called it iPad

sdy284

Apple did it again.

simple question is, "what is it gonna be used for?"

Answer?: well they combine things into a nice to look at easy to use package. guess what? the net-books + amazon book reader = book/movie/music entertainment device.....oh it can hold all your music and you can do the same computing the iphone can do. Honestly it is perfect for the traveler, and giving it a keyboard dock makes it a totally collapsible net-book that you can use in tight spaces. Airline tray tables SUCK wen using my 14" wide-screen notebook. if i could remove the keyboard and use the screen as a touch activation method, i wouldn't have any problem at all watching movies or hearing music. with a bulky KB attached, the screen is at the wrong angle. it has a docking station yes, so this thing is going to be the office computer everyone can take with them after work.

think about it. work in the office. do your work. take the screen out and go home and plug it into your office dock at home. keep working on your project. the really sad thing about this is that business will keep your productive when your at home, on the road, heck itll plug into your car and be your cars GPS navigation screen + multi use device. drive, touch it, got all your music on it. its really going to be multi adaptable when you cant use a small screen. its the iphone with every single annoying thing about its smallness removed.

time to buy stock?

What have you been smoking? Can I have some please?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I would have like to have seen was a stylus for input. I like the finger input but sometimes you want to take notes on a document and it would be awkward to write with your finger on the screen.

Why wouldn't they just take the Air and make it into a laptop/tablet hybrid with a swiveling screen?

I've always like those.

because laptops have buttons, and Steve hates buttons. It probably wouldn't have looked as good either. If the screen swivels and lays flat that require a more squarish design than apple like to go for.

because laptops have buttons, and Steve hates buttons. It probably wouldn't have looked as good either. If the screen swivels and lays flat that require a more squarish design than apple like to go for.

and yet it runs a squarish resolution :rolleyes:

Article comparing iPad to Netbooks.

And here's an interesting quote from Jobs:

During the launch today, Jobs called netbooks "cheap laptops" that tried but failed to create a third category between smartphones and notebook PCs.

Errr...WOT?!

I know you want your CEO to be fully supportive and positive about your product, but saying something so outlandish just makes you look naive and/or stupid.