And they called it iPad

sdy284

LOL buggy platform he says, youtube is in such deep feces!! :O

Flash is buggy and unnecessary most of the time. :P HTML5 is the way to go (and YouTube is moving that direction). I cannot wait for the day flash dies... granted, right now it sucks not having it on a device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, etc.) but it isn't the end of the world.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flash is buggy and unnecessary most of the time. :P HTML5 is the way to go (and YouTube is moving that direction). I cannot wait for the day flash dies... granted, right now it sucks not having it on a device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, etc.) but it isn't the end of the world.

Can't say I've witnessed this bugginess you speak of.

And Flash will never die, no matter how popular HTML5 becomes because Flash is more than just videos. Flash Games FTW!

HTML5 is the way to go

Like it or not, Flash has a huge install base, while HTML5 has, well, not much yet. Even if all the big vendors support it perfectly in their next big release, you will have to fallback to something like, uh, Flash for every other browser. Coding everything twice is so much fun already! Anyway, I haven't read much on this subject, but how does the HTML5 <video> tag render video? It will still need processing power and I can't see it being remotely as flexible as Flash has been for years now!

To say it's unecessary is an opinion, for the majority of sites use it. HTML5 may well be a worthy successor but that doesn't make flash bad at all. Like Clay said what is this bugginess you speak of??

The only adobe bugginess I saw was when I was working on a PowerPC and I was working on something in photoshop the machine would go ballistic and fans would cycle up and down because it was so demanding. It's weird, my laptop never's done that though...I thought Apple and Adobe used to be butt buddies what happened??