New build - AMD or Intel?

rowebil

I want to overclock, yes.

I want to find a build under $700.

Their is one on eBay, with monitor and everything.

Asus p5nd2-Sli Board -

Pent D 3.2g 800mhz -

2g PQI Turbo 667* Dual Channel DDR2 -

Is pentium D good?

Can anyone find me a build, on newegg? I want above 3.0GHz, a SLI mobo, video cards(sli), ram(4Gb), hard drive, case. No power supply. bought a nice new one from shell shocker :)

Can anyone help me out, by finding the greatest deals?

I'd switch for the Phenom II X4 555. For only $10 more, you get a CPU that maxes out approximately 250MHz higher!

Ohh, I see! I'll get that.

I got a question.

Should I get a pc built on cyberpowerpc, or a custom one that i build?

I wanna build my own! I'm a geek like that. But instead of tigerdirect and newegg, any other really good places to get computer parts?

Any site that will find the lowest and best deal?

build it yourself, usually if you get something built by somebody lik cyberpowerpc, they usually dont include a good hsf, and probably will cost more

you should really buy your parts from newegg, i would say 90% of us buy from newegg

theres no better place to buy pc parts

, i would say 90% of us buy from newegg

theres no better place to buy pc parts

That depends on where you live etc.

I'm in Canada and have been extremely happy with NCIX,, although I would buy from newegg if they had what I want cheaper at the time that I am buying it

NCIX has always shipped my stuff reasonably quick and I have always been happy with the price

Remember clockspeed as a rule of thumb hasn't meant literally crap for almost a decade.

My last processor 2.4ghz fx-53 top of the line 1,000 dollar processor (2004, perhaps 11/2003)

My new processor 2.66ghz i7 920, 10x faster, $275 *fastest chip series around i7* here in 2010

On top of that there are plenty of 3+ ghz processors SLOWER than my fx-53, which is a piece of crap single core now.

Just letting you know. Because what you were asking about buying is slower than my 6 year old computer. It says 3.2 ghz, but is slower than my 2.4ghz fx-53.

700 dollars for that is the biggest rip-off. He probably bought it for 50 bucks and trying to make a profit off someone who thinks any 3 ghz computer is good. It isn't. I don't even think it's worth 50 bucks, unless it's for a 3 year old and you don't care if he spills stuff all over it.

Don't get screwed.

I'd also go for a quad core. Not too much more overall. Good thing you asked, because spending 700 dollars for that is like paying 20,000 for a Pinto.

Edited by CardsFan88

newegg is great for finding parts, but i always compare to amazon. Lately the 'Egg has been either more expensive or charging more for shipping.

I know, aint it a shame. The egg just isnt what it was anymore. All that new added merchandise they started selling must of set them back. I have always shopped around but lately the egg isnt getting purchases from us like they used too.

There are lots of places to check. I still use tigerdirect from time to time. ewiz sometimes have killer deals. Amazon is great with some of the best prices but on average the longest wait time till i receive them.

when you find what you like, shop around. Tally the totals before you order. Thats when the egg starts looking bad....when its all added up the individual shipping per item can cost bundles more and other places become more competitive. A lot of places change a shipping charge much less when you order many items at one time.

If you sift through the free shipping items at the egg and can find most of your build with free shipping items, it will add up to a bunch in savings. Its one way to save at the egg.

Edited by ocre