Sheryl Crow Concert

cjloki

My pretty armpeice sheila and i went to see Sheryl Crow in concert tonight at the newly renovated Fox Performing Arts Center here in soggy Riverside CA. Maan it was an awesome event...! WOO HOO!! Sheryl Crows opener was a gal named Lakin whom i'd never heard before but she warmed up the equipment and the crowd nicely...

then the lady came out and performed one of the most exciting and fun shows i've seen in years, after she'd performed in the haiti relief effort with Keith Urban and kidd rock in los angeles. despite a long day and rain drenched weather the lady was a smash and sang many of my rockin' faves and even showcased a brand new song written on plain ol' lined paper. the crowd,(primarily aging hippies and yuppies with a few college kids thrown in for good measure) acted like they weren't sure how to behave at first, but eventually loosened up and began rocking to the beat much to the security staffs' displeasure. at first security tried to discourage reveling and dancing but were at a loss as to how to prevent the entire audience from joining in and soon just began to focus on keeping more serious breeches from occurring. once security staff began to realize that the well controlled crowd was just having fun and meant no harm, everyone began to relax and the tension was replaced by good ol fashioned rockin' and singin'....the band, the lady, the concert, the crowd, all excellent!! What a fantastic nite!! so now there's only one more thing left to do to top off the evening...and she said to tell you all good nite!!

cya

:D

cj

at first security tried to discourage reveling and dancing but were at a loss as to how to prevent the entire audience from joining in and soon just began to focus on keeping more serious breeches from occurring. once security staff began to realize that the well controlled crowd was just having fun and meant no harm, everyone began to relax and the tension was replaced by good ol fashioned rockin' and singin'...

cya

:D

cj

I am sorry but this sounds really lame ,,,,

the crowd finally loosened up and started dancing,,, the guards didn't know what to do so they let them dance

Nothing personal,,, but this sounds lame as poop

a good band and you cannot stop the dancing,,, nevermind the crowd finnaly gave in ????

Edited by feetfats

I am sorry but this sounds really lame ,,,, the crowd finally loosened up and started dancing,,, the guards didn't know what to do so they let them dance Nothing personal,,, but this sounds lame as poopa good band and you cannot stop the dancing,,, nevermind the crowd finally gave in ????

yo feets man, it's all good .....i don't take anything here personally, but you are absolutely correct, was lame...at first a couple of ladies just in front of me got up to dance and the security guards were like "yo, you ladies gotta sit down, you gotta stay in your seats" ....well that really bugged everybody, ....man you can't tell a buncha folks at a rock concert not to have fun, especially a crowd full of protesters, rabble rousers and demonstrators...!! shoot brah we threw tear gas back at cops and defied the united states in protest, en mass back in the day. these security fools didn't understand who they were dealing with...so the entire audience saw this caca and got to their feet and there wasn't a thing security could do...that's when it all got very cool and the band and Sheryl started gettin down....!!....all in all it was one of the best rock concerts i've ever been to...so no sir "you cannot stop the dancing"...

take care player... B:)

Lucky you, I would love to see SC - I have all her albums :)

I did see John Mayer on Tuesday night, which was an astounding show - that guy live is exceptional, very highly recommended.

i'd go see John Mayer Great_Gig but my sheila is a bigger fan than i am....thanx, i'll keep my eyes open for that..

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. :D

This incessant rain is rather annoying though :(

it's finally cleared up over here today neighbor...i see sunshine but it's cold, like 40 this am...brrr,....a good time was had by all!!

What a fantastic nite!! so now there's only one more thing left to do to top off the evening...and she said to tell you all good nite!!

GOOD GOD DO WHAT???

Please don't tell me what I think you mean :blink:

GOOD GOD DO WHAT???

Please don't tell me what I think you mean :blink:

you just let your imagination run wild there queenz.....heheheheh B:)

kwik edit: i hope you're havin as good a mornin as i am...!!

acted like they weren't sure how to behave at first, but eventually loosened up and began rocking to the beat much to the security staffs' displeasure. at first security tried to discourage reveling and dancing but were at a loss as to how to prevent the entire audience from joining in and soon just began to focus on keeping more serious breeches from occurring.

haha, when iwas 15, i went to a pantera concert here in rockford.

they thought they would be able to have the seats "linked" together.

by about a half hour into it there wasn't really any chair on the middle of the floor that was standing.

it was insane. security didn't even try halfway through. i think they just gave up