Tax Refund.

greengiant912

that's kinda sorta right...the government does want americans to quit smoking buut....

i must be having a brain fade cuz all this time i thot the taxes on smokes were to offset the astronomical medical expenses associated with long term smoking and to deter younger smokers from ever starting. as i recall the government wanted tobacco conglomerates to bear their fair share of the burden (and profits) for the damage they do to americans thru smoking...oh and call me crazy but the advertizing campaigns aimed at "educating the public" on the harmful effects of smoking cost alot of money too...

i know i'm old but don't think i'm senile yet, (as far as i can tell) but if memory serves the original intent of the more recent round of tobacco taxes was to help americans overcome the dangers of smoking and counter big tobacco lobbies in washington....

I just figured they knew that alot of poeple can't easily stop and its a easy source for taxes.

i cant see our government getting rid of 50+ million dollars in taxes a year, good economy or not

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh yes I love being a full time student! Getting $2,535 back ~12th, then on the 13th I am getting my 2 weeks paid vacation from work :D I am ready to order a 2nd 24", but after seeing the eyenfinity setup with 3 monitors on DiRT 2 and BFBC2, I am torn.... No one happens to have a debranded hp-ts 24w8h they want to get rid of do they? :P

I just figured they knew that alot of poeple can't easily stop and its a easy source for taxes.

i cant see our government getting rid of 50+ million dollars in taxes a year, good economy or not

some facts tp ponder at your leisure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_Maste...ement_Agreement

Ever done this trip before?

Gettysburg is a very awe inspiring place. I've only been there once, but I really, really enjoyed it. I'm not a 'history buff' or a civil war guy or any thing like that, but I'd like to think I know a decent amount about it compared to the rest of the American population. It's something everyone should do once, makes you put everything in perspective.

I try to do it every couple of years. I luck out with hotel bills because I have family scattered all over northern Maryland and Virginia that I can stay with. My namesake died at Gettysburg. I'm a huge civil war buff, and I'll take plenty of pictures with my shiny new Canon T1i, and post them here when I get back.