Help, I just broke my computer badly :(

your motherboard is blinking or ur graphic card is blinking?

remove the card if that is the one and see if the computer starts

also near the fan and CPU, did u plug the 2nd motherboard power plug back in? I think it is 4 pin or 6 pin

graphics cards are blinking,

all plugs seem to be properly seated on mobo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No static for sure. (experience :) i no its dumb, have used my bare hands alot of time doing this and that on my mobo) Next will get those hand stuff :)

Note: Wood was friend always, touched that before i did anything.

@CheeseMan42 : I have doubts on the gpu.

And check if you have fixed cooler or ur cpu pins are bent slightly, it happens sometimes.

what do you mean by "if you have fixed cooler" ?

I did check the cpu pins and the cpu goes in really nice.

if the front panel LED is flashing something is wrong with ur motherboard

get out your manual or look it up online from the mother board website

in the back should tell u what beeps and flashes mean

Does everything appear to turn on when you press the power button? Things like the PSU, CPU cooler, hard drives? If this all happens then I don't think you got anything with static. There may be something wrong with the graphics cards if everything turns on but you aren't getting any video output.

yeah graphics or ram, make sure the memory is properly seated in the socket and kliked into place....also some mobos require the sticks to be in the correct socket positions to work. i know mine is like that...

ok,, i was just messing around and removed a stick of ram and it will now boot,,, it seems to be either a problem with the one stick or the one slot as tried it with either stick out and only the one on the right out it will boot,

i'm gonna go muck around some more and i will report back what I find,, thanks guys

ok,, both sticks of ram are fine it seems to be the second ram slot that is causing the problem

I dont know why though

can i just put my ram in slot 1 and 3 ?

my manual suggests using slot 1 and 2 for two sticks of ram and thats what I have been doing thus far for many many months,,

Edited by feetfats

i got that same problem too back when i'm using asus mobo, maybe you accidentally bent the the pin while installing the cooler.... actually 4GB is quite enough these days and so adding more is a waste since ddr2 pricey now :huh:

i got that same problem too back when i'm using asus mobo, maybe you accidentally bent the the pin while installing the cooler.... actually 4GB is quite enough these days and so adding more is a waste since ddr2 pricey now :huh:

What pin,,, do you mean one of the cpu pins?

when i use slot 1 and 3 the computer works and sees the 4gb but only runs single channel

when i use slot 1 and 2 it wont post

when I use slot 3 and 4 it wont post

so i am not able to get dual channel now

Edited by feetfats

maybe you didnt kill it. Have you tried it again since the first time?

You may have not had it seated properly. look close with a good loght at the ram slot for bent pins or something out of seat. When you install the ram push down both sides equally with equal pressure, not one side then the other. That keeps it strait as it goes in.

Just so you know either way, it will be fine in your other channel. Its not gonna hurt anything. I guess you got it together, the first time without anyone physically there is risky- but do not get intimidated now you pulled it off!!!

Edited by ocre

maybe you didnt kill it. Have you tried it again since the first time?

You may have not had it seated properly. look close with a good loght at the ram slot for bent pins or something out of seat. When you install the ram push down both sides equally with equal pressure, not one side then the other. That keeps it strait as it goes in.

Just so you know either way, it will be fine in your other channel. Its not gonna hurt anything. I guess you got it together, the first time without anyone physically there is risky- but do not get intimidated now you pulled it off!!!

yes I have tried many times,,I will check the ram slot here in a bit,

I don't see how I wrecked the ram slot because I hadnt touched the ram i was messing with the cpu cooler,,, unless i jarred the ram or somethig.

lol.. dont worry I am not intimidated,,, just kinda frustrated

thanks