final OC attemt

ok one more try and im done with the concept of OC'ing this system. phenom 2.3/tlb bugged. everytime i try to oc this thing it crashes no matter the slightest tweaks i make. does anyone have any suggestions for this POS or is it doomed to run memory at 800MHz instead of the promised 1066MHz and is the processor gonna stay at 2.3?

The amd 770 chipset isn't known for oveclocking but should at least be able to function at stock speeds. If you can't do anything in bios have you tried AMD Overdrive? What model phenom II is that btw?

ok one more try and im done with the concept of OC'ing this system. phenom 2.3/tlb bugged. everytime i try to oc this thing it crashes no matter the slightest tweaks i make. does anyone have any suggestions for this POS or is it doomed to run memory at 800MHz instead of the promised 1066MHz and is the processor gonna stay at 2.3?

and for anyone with the same cpu if you can give me a good start point with settings i would appeciate it =) and then ill go from there

The amd 770 chipset isn't known for oveclocking but should at least be able to function at stock speeds. If you can't do anything in bios have you tried AMD Overdrive? What model phenom II is that btw?

overdrive doesnt work for some reason it gets half way through and crashes the system then it tells me the last safe settings but i cant apply the settings. i take it i have to go through bios but that fails evertime also

and its the tlb bugged phenom x64 9600 and not a phenomII

Edited by underclocked

really? didnt wanna hear that. i paid 130 for my ram and i cant make it work at specs. what a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be perfectly honest there's not much application for high speed RAM anyway - the difference in speed is near negligible especially considering the difference in cost. $130 for 8 GB really isn't that bad though...DDR2 prices are well above that today.

Try taking out 2 of the sticks and then try overclocking it. Like Waco said that much ram can cause problems and chances are you wont need that much ram. Try putting it in a different system. Original Phenom's are also not known for overclocking well. I suggest take out 2 of the sticks and then trying to get it to run at stock speeds. Run some benches before then after to see which one offers more performance. I expect the fast CPU with less ram will do better than the slow cpu with more. Just my suggestions, doesn't hurt to try.

Try taking out 2 of the sticks and then try overclocking it. Like Waco said that much ram can cause problems and chances are you wont need that much ram. Try putting it in a different system. Original Phenom's are also not known for overclocking well. I suggest take out 2 of the sticks and then trying to get it to run at stock speeds. Run some benches before then after to see which one offers more performance. I expect the fast CPU with less ram will do better than the slow cpu with more. Just my suggestions, doesn't hurt to try.

ya i guess ill try that since i just failed another OC attemt. i got up to 12.5x then when i switched to 13x it dint go to windows =( i tried ajusting the voltage from 1.25 all the way to 1.50 with no luck at all. if anyone has this processor plz let me know maybe i can pm you some pics of my bios... maybe im adjusting the wrong things idk