more mobo questions

my board wont run am3 i dont think...ill have to get back to you on that

i guess my next question is what 965 to go with 125watt or 140watt :thumbs-up:

and also will the am3 allow my memory to go from the stupid 800MHz to the real specs of 1066MHz

Edited by underclocked

and also will the am3 allow my memory to go from the stupid 800MHz to the real specs of 1066MHz

Go with the 125w 965. They run cooler, have C3 stepping and seem to OC better. Your ram should be good. I would also highly suggest you image your drive to an external or to another partition on your current drive and make a bootable recovery disc too.. Any time you make major hardware changes like mobo and cpu you need an image and/or a bootable disc to fall back on. I've seen where the system would not boot after a mobo/cpu upgrade. This happened often with XP. I don't know what would happen with Vista but better safe than sorry.

BTW I have a 965 125w version OCd to 4 GHz. It will run hot on air(very hot @ 4 GHz) If you OC it so you may also want to consider a HSF upgrade or liquid cooling.

Good luck!

nm i shoulda looked first...it does and i excited! you know anyone that wants a phenom 9600 lol

lol

125w ..but if you can not find it , 140w is not that bad ..:D :D :D

Edited by N.E.A