Sapphire RMA?

Munkypoo7

Oh final bumpy / comment :D

Got the 4870x2 replacement back from Sapphy on the 2nd, not a cap squeak can be heard while on Stalker CS, in the CoP benchmark, in Vantage or BFBC2, so I am really really happy right now ^^

Ordered an Arctic Cooling Accelero 4870x2 cooler though ($22.50 ebay shipped, bnib too!), now that it works, might as well keep it cool and cared for :)

Edited by Munkypoo7

Ordered an Arctic Cooling Accelero 4870x2 cooler though ($22.50 ebay shipped, bnib too!), now that it works, might as well keep it cool and cared for :)

IIRC those coolers push the VRM temps up quite a bit versus the stock cooler.

IIRC those coolers push the VRM temps up quite a bit versus the stock cooler.

I've only read that they pretty much remain the same (although some people claim extreme drops but I'm skeptical of that), the core temps is what drops drastically

And..stupid question but... where can i check my vrm temps anyways? Right now I'm under the assumption it is "GPU Temp (MEMIO)" in GPU-z but I don't know :S

Edited by Munkypoo7

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Do you think my GPU will be RMA too? my GPU isnt bought here on the Philippines. It was brought from Dubai last year on February (2009)

Well to make story short, I used it here (PH) from July till Feb. Till one day on Feb. it suddenly hanged on me on a game. It is the first time, then my computer restarts with artifacts even on boot up. The following day, the artifacts were gone, Then when i play COD6, after some time the it hanged again and rebooted the computer the artifact was there, and they never go away. I removed it from my computer and just opened the backplate and clean it.

Do you think this will be RMAed? even i opened the backplate(it was realy the backplate).

I cant go back to Dubai to contact the store(it will be too costly).

I emailed them last Feb.16 with the Serial and they replied on Feb 17, on the 18 they were on holiday. they said that they will be back on Feb 22.

But I am not receiving any email from them now Feb(23).

Oh and they say that I will be paying the expense for shipping the product back and port but i dont know how much that is.

What are your inputs about my situation?

Im hoping to RMA the GPU. I miss playing games :(

Thanks,

My current 4870, my older 8800gt and 8600gt never made this sound, and since I'm a crazy person and assume the worst for everything, I thought that is was a defect... >.>

Totally don't understand that one... I guess I'm missing something :(

i don't hear anything...what?

:D

no really !!