Andrewr05

2010 Firearms discussion

Thats quite a weapon. I am curious as to the load it takes .

You mean what load the bullets have? The ones I shoot are Geco semi-coated soft-point (the best translation I could come up with, the original is Teilmantel-Rundkopf, but I doubt that's much use to you :lol:) with 18.5g / 285.5 grains.

That is a very nice rifle! Take excellent care of it.

I do intend to do so. Maybe I should just point out that the gun in the bottom picture with the different bullet sizes is not what I got, that's some random Merkel :)

Speaking of open carry, there are also states that let you open carry without the need of any permit at all. I don't know how many there are but I know when I lived in Maine they allowed open carry without a permit. CC still required a permit.
Most states have no regulation on open carry. Instead, it is left up to a patchwork of local municipalities laws that can become a real pain. Definitely a case of "check your local laws."

Most states have no regulation on open carry. Instead, it is left up to a patchwork of local municipalities laws that can become a real pain. Definitely a case of "check your local laws."

:withstupid:

Well, after having my .40 IWI Baby Eagle stolen out of my car I guess almost 2 years ago I got a quite unexpected call from APD (Atlanta Police Department): they recovered my pistol! I'm very surprised that it was recovered and more than excited that I will be able to take it back into my possession. Way to go, APD! This is a quite unexpected surprise and I'm obviously very thrilled. It was my first pistol and I'm pleased that I'll be getting it back! Just thought I'd share the good news.

Well, after having my .40 IWI Baby Eagle stolen out of my car I guess almost 2 years ago I got a quite unexpected call from APD (Atlanta Police Department): they recovered my pistol! I'm very surprised that it was recovered and more than excited that I will be able to take it back into my possession. Way to go, APD! This is a quite unexpected surprise and I'm obviously very thrilled. It was my first pistol and I'm pleased that I'll be getting it back! Just thought I'd share the good news.

good for you I will never see my model 66 again :(

good for you I will never see my model 66 again :(

Honestly, I never expected to see it again whatsoever. Although I have a good feeling whoever has had it the past couple of years probably didn't take too good of care of it, so it'll probably be receiving a Duracoat finish sometime in the near future and a complete tear down and cleaning whenever I do get it back in my possession. Score one for the fuzz.

Tom Knapp is incredible, truly a great sportsman.

I think his 10 clay record has been broken by Pat Flanigan though...

I love when federal agents blatantly LIE on the news:

LINK

:)

More info

TL;DR:

1. The WE TTI M4's lack any sort of functional gas tube which is integral to an AR15's operation
  2. The upper receiver of an AR15 fits onto the lower of the WE TTI M4
  3. The stock trigger pack in the WE TTI cannot strike the firing pin of a AR15 bolt
  4. The body of the WE TTI lower is several mils thinner than an AR15 lower, and shims would be needed for any AR trigger pack to work
  5. The trigger pack of an AR15 appears to be able to fit onto the lower receiver of a WE TTI M4, one of the AR15 trigger pack retaining pins is impossible to insert without major modification, and the hammer isn't operable with the WE TTI lower.

"So essentially these Airsoft replicas cannot even operate an AR15 trigger pack without heavy modification with a precise tooling system operated by someone who knows the specific measurements to drill and tap the WE TTI lower receiver.

To me this doesn't sound like it's feasible within "a short period of time".