Andrewr05

2010 Firearms discussion

Well I did it, I broke down and bought my first firearm that is my own. My pops has a bunch of guns I will likely inherit and so dose my step dad lol.

I figured this would be a nice starter pistol

u22neos.jpg

Beretta u22 Neos .22LR

spent a little more than what I wanted to, but it was still a heck of a deal I think.. I was thinking about a red dot sight. Maybe use the iron-sights for awhile until I can afford a decent red dot.

Interesting choice. Looks like a laser gun. Seriously though, a .22LR pistol is great for endless plinking as ammo is dirt cheap. Anything else... meh.

Glad to see you're exercising your Second Amendment rights, though. Keep it up.

Most people with concealed weapons are pussies(A lot of gang members) and can only be a cool kid by hiding behind their gun or by being with their little BB's. I personally think there should be a test for being able to get a gun. And you get checked if a police guy sees you with a gun, to get rid of gang fags with illegal weapons.

Only shoot if the guy coming at you also has a gun, or he already stabbed you with a knife. If anyone would ever come into my house and try to rob something I would without any regret stab him with my knife.

Anyways, all I have is an airsoft gun :lol:(G36C, Echo 1)

Most people with concealed weapons are pussies(A lot of gang members) and can only be a cool kid by hiding behind their gun
So because someone wants to carry a firearm, concealed, on their person in order to be able to control a bad situation that they might come into they are a seafood?

Restricting the ability for a law abiding person to carry a firearm will NOT stop criminals from using them.

There are already laws against killing people that criminals disregard, why do you believe that a criminal will follow any other law against any other thing?

Open question, not just posted towards you Krieg1337.

And you get checked if a police guy sees you with a gun, to get rid of gang fags with illegal weapons.
:blink:

You want law abiding citizens to be "checked" by "police guys" because there are people out there ("gang fags") with illegal weapons?

Do you believe that these checks are going to stop "gang fags" from carrying illegal weapons?

Serious question.

Interesting choice. Looks like a laser gun. Seriously though, a .22LR pistol is great for endless plinking as ammo is dirt cheap. Anything else... meh.

Glad to see you're exercising your Second Amendment rights, though. Keep it up.

Exactly why I bought it for my first. My second is either going to be a Walther, or an AR-15. Haven't decided yet...

Most people with concealed weapons are pussies(A lot of gang members) and can only be a cool kid by hiding behind their gun or by being with their little BB's. I personally think there should be a test for being able to get a gun. And you get checked if a police guy sees you with a gun, to get rid of gang fags with illegal weapons.

Please, save yourself from looking like a completely ignorant jackass and do not post such ill-informed opinions. You are of course allowed to have your own opinion, no matter how ridiculously ill-informed, but you do yourself a disservice by labeling "most people" with concealed weapons a "p uss y."

God-forbid you ever find yourself in a situation like those church-goers in Colorado or the soldiers on Ft. Hood and one of these "pussies" saves your life by exercising good judgement and using their concealed weapon to stop a mass murderer from killing large numbers of innocent people.

Think before you speak. The US Constitution allows me to own a firearm without any needless test and luckily the state of Georgia sees fit to issue me a permit as I am a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record whatsoever. It is not the government's responsibility to see to it that individuals have proper training in the use of their weapons. However, anyone with any speck of common sense or intelligence would not carry a firearm with the intent to use it in a defensive role without properly training themselves, including myself. Again, think before you speak. You merely make yourself look unintelligent with your obviously ill-considered and ill-argued statements.

Edited by Bizzlenitch

Sorry, I meant gang people. I really have a hate against gangs, all they do is annoy the . out of everyone and deal drugs. I wasn't talking about people who actually are allowed to carry guns, they obviously had to go through some training, unlike most gang members.

Exactly why I bought it for my first.
First, second, third, and fourth I love .22 regardless!

It obviously doesn't have the stopping power of some larger rounds but its incredibly fun and affordable too.

Please, save yourself from looking like a completely ignorant jackass and do not post such ill-informed opinions. You are of course allowed to have your own opinion, no matter how ridiculously ill-informed, but you do yourself a disservice by labeling "most people" with concealed weapons a "p uss y."

God-forbid you ever find yourself in a situation like those church-goers in Colorado or the soldiers on Ft. Hood and one of these "pussies" saves your life by exercising good judgement and using their concealed weapon to stop a mass murderer from killing large numbers of innocent people.

Think before you speak. The US Constitution allows me to own a firearm without any needless test and luckily the state of Georgia sees fit to issue me a permit as I am a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record whatsoever. It is not the government's responsibility to see to it that individuals have proper training in the use of their weapons. However, anyone with any speck of common sense or intelligence would not carry a firearm with the intent to use it in a defensive role without properly training themselves, including myself. Again, think before you speak. You merely make yourself look unintelligent with your obviously ill-considered and ill-argued statements.

+1

they obviously had to go through some training
Not true, there are a few states that do not require you to even be licensed or even trained at all to carry and many more that allow you to carry but leave the training up to you.

Off the top of my head (which isn't saying much herpa derp) I can't think of a state requiring you to be trained before you get a permit to carry a firearm but I know some do.

I've heard of "may-issue" states being ridiculously stringent too but still I think a lot of states do not require training.

Not true, there are a few states that do not require you to even be licensed or even trained at all to carry and many more that allow you to carry but leave the training up to you.

Off the top of my head (which isn't saying much herpa derp) I can't think of a state requiring you to be trained before you get a permit to carry a firearm but I know some do.

I've heard of "may-issue" states being ridiculously stringent too but still I think a lot of states do not require training.

Indeed. I cannot think of a state that requires training prior to the procurement of a permit to carry a weapon concealed, although there may be some. As I stated before and Andrew reiterated, it is usually up to the individual to familiarize themselves with their weapon.

As I also stated earlier, in my opinion it would be very foolish for someone to carry a weapon with an intent to use it should the situation arise without extensive training in its use and functions. This, however, is up to the individual, and I'm sure there are some out there who skip this vital step. That being said, any responsible gun owner, especially one who feels they are able to take on the responsibility of carrying a firearm should spend the time to train with it. I would think this is merely common sense, however it has been proven time and time again that common sense is one thing many individuals lack. Do I think this means we should not be permitted to carry a weapon if we follow all applicable state and federal laws? No. Do I think this means that the government should mandate some form of formal training before issuing permits? Again, no.

Carrying a firearm and being willing and able to use it should the unfortunate situation arise that it is necessary to do so is a serious and real obligation. If one isn't willing to recognize the serious responsibility involved in obtaining and carrying a firearm, then one should not do so. Does this mean I think the government should be the people who make this decision for me and limit my right to do so as they see fit? Again, no. It is unfortunate that some people will choose to ignore these responsibilities but that is human nature and no amount of legislation will change human nature, just as no amount of legislation will keep weapons out of the hands of criminals and "bad guys." The only thing you, as an individual, can do are recognize this obligation and these responsibilities and do your best to keep up your end of the bargain. Guns are merely the hardware, they will not operate effectively without the proper software, that being your training and desire to learn from others with more experience.

I did not mean any offense to you, Krieg, in my previous post, I just wish that you had either made your stance more clear or thought a little harder before making such sweeping claims. Generally speaking, CCW holders are extremely responsible individuals and such an individual may one day save your life. I, for one, would always hope to have another responsible CCW holder around when the SHTF. These are not the people you should fear, nor the people the media should project their irrational fear of firearms on to. The people you have to worry about are those that disregard the laws of our society, not those who abide by them.

Edited by Bizzlenitch

Exactly why I bought it for my first. My second is either going to be a Walther, or an AR-15. Haven't decided yet...

Let me know what you think of it. I'm considering a .22LR myself for some cheap plinking. Heh, when I find a smooth grand of so I'll be building my own custom AR as well.

Also, nice rifle, LoArm. I've been looking at DPMS Panther Arms myself, but I've heard good things about Bushmaster.