Andrewr05

2010 Firearms discussion

I've wanted an Anzio 20MM Rifle for awhile now ($9 a shell!)... for the sheer wow factor anyways. Isn't going to happen for awhile. I'll stick to my SKS for plinking... ammo's dirt cheap.
Features:

* 49” match grade fluted barrel

* Heavy duty clam-shell brake

* Detachable box magazine

* Available in 14.5mm, 20mm, and new Anzio 20-50 calibers

* Titanium firing pin

* 5000 yard maximum range

* Optional weights and configurations

* Huge amounts of fun

* Low recoil

:lol: I love those kinda rifles

What's a good website for buying handguns rifles, and shotguns?

Edited by damian

Bizzlenitch and RJR summed up all my feelings on the subject nicely, so I won't go into detail.

cirro, I feel bad for what you went through with that situation, but if anything, that only furthers my resolve. Could I react differently than you did? I can't know for sure, and I hope I never have to find out. My "soul searching" wasn't some hippie commune, but rather taking an honest look at who and what I am, flaws and all. I came to a conclusion that I feel is accurate of my abilities. I'm fully aware of the potential consequences of any action I may take and have weighed that against the alternatives. If my decision makes me a "little girl", so be it. My self-worth and identity aren't tied up in machismo or bravado, so it's no skin off my back.

I purchased my S&W M&P .40 from budsgunshop.com and had it shipped to my local FFL dealer. Even after their $25 handling charge the pistol that cost me $429 online was still cheaper than buying the same gun from my local shop for about $600. Check it out. Might get a good deal.

@RJR

I almost forgot one of the bolt action's most important advantages: reliability and simplicity!

Barring access to a cleaning kit in a SHTF situation, I'd much rather have a reliable bolt action than a gas-operated AR, for instance. That being said, the cleaning kit is an integral part of my SHTF bag. ;)

You can also check out Gun Brokers, I know Bud's lists a lot of guns on there also.

@Bizzlenitch

Lets see, I've lived in NJ,CT,ME and NC and have hunted in all of the above east coast states I've lived in. I think the average deer hunting shot distance in any of the above is like 50 yards max, so yes on the east coast a 7mm Rem Mag really wouldn't be your gun of choice (mine has been sitting in a closet since I got to IN). I knew and have hunted with many people out east using semi and even lever action rifles with great success.

Almost all guns have there own nitches where they are more suited for a particular job than others, EXCEPT that 20mm joke posted. Unless you are in the military you have NO need for anything like that, even the 50 BMG has a competitive reason for owning one, can't think of anyone who would need a 20mm. I know i'll get the people who state you don't need a reason to own a gun, it's just to have fun shooting it, come on, they don't sell tanks just for the fun of driving one.

It seems, my friend, you and I are pretty much on the same page. I like a person who realizes their tools should vary depending on the situation at hand. While the right tool won't make up for an inept user, it certainly helps get the job done easier and more efficiently.

I'll probably get more into firearms once I get my own place and/or start a family (probably just a nice shotgun and pistol, nuthin' fancy)

I'll probably get more into firearms once I get my own place and/or start a family (probably just a nice shotgun and pistol, nuthin' fancy)

As much as I love a rifle's ability to reach out and touch someone, I am in love with shotguns, not really sure why. Perhaps it's their versatility. They make a nice home defense weapon, just take care in choosing your loads and consider penetration. Same goes with your choice of pistol ammunition. If you want a nice, cheap, quality, reliable shotgun look at the Remington 870 (my personal choice), the Mossberg 500/590 and perhaps the Benelli Nova series.

That being said, there is no substitute for a well-crafted rifle in most medium- to long-range situations.

Side note: hauling around my full size M&P .40 isn't exactly the most comfortable. I'm looking for a smaller (in size and capacity) 9mm or .380 for most CC situations. Any recommendations from anyone who might own something that meets these criteria, a la Kahr's and Kel-Tec's?

Edited by Bizzlenitch

As much as I love a rifle's ability to reach out and touch someone, I am in love with shotguns, not really sure why. Perhaps it's their versatility. They make a nice home defense weapon, just take care in choosing your loads and consider penetration. Same goes with your choice of pistol ammunition. If you want a nice, cheap, quality, reliable shotgun look at the Remington 870 (my personal choice), the Mossberg 500/590 and perhaps the Benelli Nova series.

Thanks for the tips, I hear both of those makes thrown around a bunch. Must be for good reason. I guess I'm passively learning about them (well what's good, what's not and what's a good deal) on here, I'd like to goto a range and try some one and see what it's like.