2010 Firearms discussion

Andrewr05

What stance is that, that it's really cold in your house? :ph34r:

Seriously though, you look as if you could survive a snowstorm. Heh.

BTW, what kind of pistol is that? Looks like a Beretta. Also, join the 20th century, bolt actions are so 200 years ago. Ahaha, I kid... kinda. For real though, I can't tell what kind of rifle that is. Care to enlighten?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What stance is that, that it's really cold in your house? :ph34r:

Seriously though, you look as if you could survive a snowstorm. Heh.

BTW, what kind of pistol is that? Looks like a Beretta. Also, join the 20th century, bolt actions are so 200 years ago. Ahaha, I kid... kinda. For real though, I can't tell what kind of rifle that is. Care to enlighten?

Haha, my pro-gun stance,! Yea I thought it would be neat to dress up like a winter commando or something. I actually wear the full face mask minus the goggles at work since I work in a cold warehouse. You were right, the pistol is a Beretta M92FS but the rifle is a semi-auto (or auto loading) SKS with the wood stock on. I've also got a bit of a tactical stock for it too somewhere. For my pistol I just got a cool drop-leg tactical holster platform for to which I've mounted my Blackhawk! SERPA holster and a mag holder to. I also have another platform on my left leg for up to 6 more mags or accessories =).

STA62792.jpgCIMG0180.jpg

-edit-

Alright here.

Out of all of you PRO concealed weapons -

- How many of you have shot a Human being?

- How many instances were you robbed that you could of used it? and if so, were you shot in the process?

- Bad things happen, in many different ways considering laws, DUI,Guns,Drugs,Rape

So why stop there? what elevates the need to be able to allow a regular person to use force? why not all the other situations?

- Whats the difference from a police officer killing a child, suspecting his toy gun is real

from some AVERAGE JOE, making the split second decision that the offender will shoot or even has a loaded/real gun?

When you fire a gun you always risk killing whatever you hit.

k...

Now i DO belive that you under the constitution have the RIGHT to own/use a firearm.

I do NOT agree it should allow you to conceal it in public places.

-

Do you think, the person who is going to truly shoot you, knowing what the risk is, is going to let you have the chance to fire back?

Or won't he notice you reaching to pull a weapon? Do you carry your gun where your wallet is? pretty obvious what your intentions are.

People who aim guns and don't fire usually don't fire shots that actually even hit people.

It takes something inside you to know you might kill a human being.

Not everyone with a firearm can stare into another humans eyes, mad or not and dispense possible death.

Edited by cirro

cirro, if your post was coherent, I'd respond, but I have no idea what most of that says.

I do see a quote from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up" in there. I always find it amusing when people quote pop culture as some great, truthful, philosophical breakthrough. Maybe you can get something from "American Idol" or "Desperate Housewives" worked into your next post for us?

Really? but enough to google the qoute.

I'll edit it for you.

BTW your only real comment on it was that it was from a movie.

sometimes a easy way to get a message is through a qoute, whever it comes from is of no concern if it has meaning.

The rule of thumb, is that if your going to buy a gun you better be prepared to use it to protect your property and family, if you can't do that you have no reason to buy a gun as it will likely just get taken and turned against you.

NOBODY no government, no law, no trend. gives any human the right to take/end another persons life, and that is what you risk.

Government dosen't have the right to protect their citizens?

I don't have the right to protect my life? My Family? That statement is pure fail. Human life is precious but when it comes down to me or a criminal who is threating me or my family I will make that choice to protect my family.

Edited by greengiant912

The rule of thumb, is that if your going to buy a gun you better be prepared to use it to protect your property and family, if you can't do that you have no reason to buy a gun as it will likely just get taken and turned against you.

Thats exactly my point I agree with you 100%

But I completely Fail to agree that even 50% of the people with guns, truly have the ability within them to use it properly.

I don't belive some people voted into office deserve the ability to dispense life and death (government)

-

Are you a religous person? if So name where it says its to justify that?

You have the RIGHT to protect yourself i belive that, But its not how our system works.

Its more like you have to get screwed before you can get any help, People just cant swallow that

Edited by cirro

Government dosen't have the right to protect their citizens?

I don't have the right to protect my life? My Family? That statement is pure fail. Human life is precious but when it comes down to me or a criminal who is threating me or my family I will make that choice to protect my family.

x∞

Human life is precious but when it comes down to me or a criminal who is threating me or my family I will make that choice to protect my family.

I guess thats the thinking of why we went to war.

Great choice that was, but then again, your family and its life, is worth alot more than some family you'll never meet.

fighting fire with fire doesn't always end up good. thats my point. and if you can avoid that I belive we should nix an unnecassary risk.

If you have ever shot/seriously injured a human being I guess it changes your entire perspective on violence.

Ask anyone who has ever hospitalized someone, accident or not

Its easy to say when you've never been shot, or never shot someone

Edited by cirro

cirro, if your post was coherent, I'd respond, but I have no idea what most of that says.

I do see a quote from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up" in there. I always find it amusing when people quote pop culture as some great, truthful, philosophical breakthrough. Maybe you can get something from "American Idol" or "Desperate Housewives" worked into your next post for us?

^

Oh, sweetie, they didn't abandon you because you're a wh*re, they abandoned you because you weren't all that nice to begin with.

http://quotations.about.com/od/desperateho.../desphouse2.htm

-edit-

Alright here.

Out of all of you PRO concealed weapons -

- How many of you have shot a Human being?

- How many instances were you robbed that you could of used it? and if so, were you shot in the process?

- Bad things happen, in many different ways considering laws, DUI,Guns,Drugs,Rape

So why stop there? what elevates the need to be able to allow a regular person to use force? why not all the other situations?

- Whats the difference from a police officer killing a child, suspecting his toy gun is real

from some AVERAGE JOE, making the split second decision that the offender will shoot or even has a loaded/real gun?

When you fire a gun you always risk killing whatever you hit.

What elevates the need to allow a regular person to use force? Self-Defense. My right to life means I have the right to protect said life. No one has the right to threaten my life, so if someone points a gun at me with the intent to convey fear, my life is in danger and I will respond by whatever means necessary to defend myself.

Now i DO belive that you under the constitution have the RIGHT to own/use a firearm.

I do NOT agree it should allow you to conceal it in public places.

Why? If there is no threat, you'll never know the gun was there. If there is a threat, someone else might just save YOUR life.

Do you think, the person who is going to truly shoot you, knowing what the risk is, is going to let you have the chance to fire back?

Or won't he notice you reaching to pull a weapon? Do you carry your gun where your wallet is? pretty obvious what your intentions are.

So...you're saying...don't even bother attempting to defend yourself? Just curl up like a coward and die? I think I'll pass, thanks.

As to pulling a weapon, intentions, etc...the perp doesn't even know I have a gun, that gives me the advantage of surprise. And countless people successfully defend themselves in that exact scenario every year. Just last week two punks with guns tried to jump a citizen at a car wash near here. The man they attacked drew his sidearm and shot them both.

People who aim guns and don't fire usually don't fire shots that actually even hit people.
That is certainly true. People who don't fire guns almost never hit anything with the unfired shots.

It takes something inside you to know you might kill a human being.

Not everyone with a firearm can stare into another humans eyes, mad or not and dispense possible death.

What's your point? I did a lot of soul searching before I started carrying and came to the conclusion I could defend myself and my loved ones. Most people who carry have had the same internal struggle. It's a responsibility we don't take lightly.

Go sit by a quiet lake and soul search about how your so weak that without a weapon you cant defend yourself.

im not going to play these little games with you.

People like you are why i dont support concealed weapons. Some little girl hiding behind a gun.

If you ever shoot someone, take a deep breath and remember, you did soul searching.

Don't be like me and defend yourself when the police feel you can flee, and get charged with

2 class 3 felonies.

Don't wait until you have basically ended someone to realize you shouldn't of.

It's something real hard to live with, righteous as it may of felt.

we are human, and as tough as you think you are, you NEVER know until it happens.

It haunts me to this day what happened and what I did, Even though I did it after I stared at my gf laying in her own blood

I lost over $5000 on my bail, 3 years of my time went into court. over $3000 more for my lawyer.

I lost my FOID, had to surrender everything considered a weapon. I wasn't even allowed a tire iron in my car (judge actually said that)

I got 3 years of probation. 3 years i couldn't leave the state, 3 years I missed family holidays.

I got screwed over on so many jobs now, I've lost respect from peers,

My wife, her Family Basically all works in the California state prison system or they are border patrol.

Do you know what its like having to explain what you did, to try and convince the people In your family your not some violent mut?

It destroyed me on the inside.

Now the man i shot knows I cant even have a gun unless i want to goto the projects.

So who in the end gets justice?

meaganhospital.jpg

^

So after seeing your girlfriend be attacked and coming to her aid, what would you of done? I defended myself with a gun and was screwed.

After seeing what happened, I COULDN'T not re-act.

The police said i should of called 911 and left the scene with her.

I shot 2 people, called 911, and was arrested at the hospital.

My emotions led me to do something that i didn't have to, so when you say your defending your family.

Can you do what i Couldnt? Can you a big enough man to see someone you love laying on the ground bleeding?

There was nothing to prevent. Like life, it happened and I had to react.

I Know from a personal matter it doesn't help anything.

- BTW the only reason we didn't know she was getting set up is because the weapons they used were concealed.

If your not expecting it, its kinda hard to judge what will happen

Edited by cirro