Andrewr05

2010 Firearms discussion

I have a Colt AR-15, a H&K USB 45, H&K USB 40 Compact, Remington 700 .308 and an old Italian made over-under shotgun. Can't remember the brand. I haven't shot it since my grandfather gave it to me. All my guns, except the 40 (it stays on my person or in my truck at all times) stay in my father-in-law's safes until i can get a safe for my house. Little kid and unlocked guns not a good idea. It also helps that my father-in-law is a gun dealer and has all the reload equipment for any caliber pistol or rifle. I haven't paid full price for a gun or ammo in over 3 years.

I like shooting things. :)

Just had a shoot with a friend's .22 magnum rifle. Not as sexy as what you guys are talking about, but it seems like just what I need on the farm. :cool:

Just had a shoot with a friend's .22 magnum rifle. Not as sexy as what you guys are talking about, but it seems like just what I need on the farm. cool.gif

.22 Mag is a realy fun caliber. Great for Prairie Dogs and other vermin. Its always great to know that anything you are shotting at will get hit well before any shots are heard.

I have a rem 30.06 and just picked up a Glock model 22 40s-w. like them both.

I'll just leave this here.

The usual jumping right to the extreme of all the guns being banned but still it makes you wonder...

Wont happen Congress needs to ratify all treaties and congress wont ratify it, even if they do it wont hold up in the Supreme Court.

Even then you try taking away America's guns. I pitty the men who attempt to do that, as it is an undertaking that I don't think can be accomplished.

Just found this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/world_news_america/8563512.stm

The gun range the reporter is at is the one I goto. Pretty surprised that the BBC would come all the way to my town for a report lol..

But yeah there is a lot of issues going on right now. At a local gun club a few weeks ago someone fired a round in an improper manor this "stray bullet" ended up hitting a young pregnant women who was eating outside at a nearby restaurant down range. The restaurant is about 1/2 mile away and on a hill so the only way a round could hit a customer of that restaurant would be if he or she fired the weapon at a high angle.

http://www.wisn.com/video/23696430/index.html

Then there are the suicides of recent. http://www.wisn.com/video/23353546/index.html

In the past few months there has been a rise at least at the ranges/shops around here of people taking their own lives. At the range I frequent one person shot himself and another person was injured due to improper handling of the weapon. Its weird because like in that video at that badger gun range there hasn't been a suicide in more then a decade. The one I goto has never had a person shoot themselves. I just find it odd that at least locally for me there has been a rise in suicides at ranges...

Then there is this one... http://www.wisn.com/video/23703279/index.html

IDK I guess it all boils down to stupid people are buying more guns... I am all for gun rights, but there are some people that shouldn't be allowed to own or even use a firearm...

Just found this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/world_news_america/8563512.stm

The gun range the reporter is at is the one I goto. Pretty surprised that the BBC would come all the way to my town for a report lol..

But yeah there is a lot of issues going on right now. At a local gun club a few weeks ago someone fired a round in an improper manor this "stray bullet" ended up hitting a young pregnant women who was eating outside at a nearby restaurant down range. The restaurant is about 1/2 mile away and on a hill so the only way a round could hit a customer of that restaurant would be if he or she fired the weapon at a high angle.

http://www.wisn.com/video/23696430/index.html

Then there are the suicides of recent. http://www.wisn.com/video/23353546/index.html

In the past few months there has been a rise at least at the ranges/shops around here of people taking their own lives. At the range I frequent one person shot himself and another person was injured due to improper handling of the weapon. Its weird because like in that video at that badger gun range there hasn't been a suicide in more then a decade. The one I goto has never had a person shoot themselves. I just find it odd that at least locally for me there has been a rise in suicides at ranges...

Then there is this one... http://www.wisn.com/video/23703279/index.html

IDK I guess it all boils down to stupid people are buying more guns... I am all for gun rights, but there are some people that shouldn't be allowed to own or even use a firearm...

My God! The only plausible solution to this is to pass a law making it very difficult to obtain guns! Oh wait... been there done that. Oh well, maybe politicians should just realize they can't outsmart Darwin. Let nature take its course.

My God! The only plausible solution to this is to pass a law making it very difficult to obtain guns! Oh wait... been there done that. Oh well, maybe politicians should just realize they can't outsmart Darwin. Let nature take its course.

I have been saying this for years. If we didn't coddle everyone, we wouldn't have an entire generation of precious little snowflakes that can't stub a toe without thinking of sueing someone. If someone is stupid enough, let nature takes its course because you can't fix stupid. This is just like the new law here in Texas stating that everyone has to wear a seatbelt. You know, if I, or any of my passengers (over a certin age) wait to be moronic and not wear a seatbelt, that should be our choice and I shouldn't have to pay a fine if the only person I'm endangering, is myself.

I have been saying this for years. If we didn't coddle everyone, we wouldn't have an entire generation of precious little snowflakes that can't stub a toe without thinking of sueing someone. If someone is stupid enough, let nature takes its course because you can't fix stupid. This is just like the new law here in Texas stating that everyone has to wear a seatbelt. You know, if I, or any of my passengers (over a certin age) wait to be moronic and not wear a seatbelt, that should be our choice and I shouldn't have to pay a fine if the only person I'm endangering, is myself.

Exactly...the seatbelt thing pisses me off....not that I don't wear a seatbelt because I always have and always will.....just the fact that they can fine you for something so stupid......next we will be fined if we don't keep the doors on our house locked at all times because a burglar could get in! :)

Exactly...the seatbelt thing pisses me off....not that I don't wear a seatbelt because I always have and always will.....just the fact that they can fine you for something so stupid......next we will be fined if we don't keep the doors on our house locked at all times because a burglar could get in! smile.gif

Did you know, here in Texas if you have your keys in your car (or if you cannot show the officer when you file a report) and your car gets stolen, you are writen a citation. Granted I keep my keys on my at all times but its like "the man" is just trying to find ways to make more money off of the victim.

Anyways, back to guns, because guns are great. Recently got to go hunting for pig (year round here) and got to play w/ my friends 22-25. Never shot that round before but man it can reach out and touch someone (a pig however just laughs).