2010 Firearms discussion

Andrewr05

There is a lot of new topics on firearms lately.

Specifically one that I find to be the most important thing thats been done in a long time is the Firearms Freedom Act.

Essentially quite a few states have declared (okay well they're on the table, they might not be law yet) the federal government unable to regulate or seize any firearm related product that stays within that states borders.

New Hampshire is even going as far as to consider it a class B felony for any government agent/group to even touch anything made or produced personally or commercially in New Hampshire.

"Any official, agent, or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States that enforces or attempts to enforce a act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in New Hampshire and that remains within the State of New Hampshire shall be guilty of a class B felony."

FirearmsFreedomAct

So far 2 have passed such laws, 17 have introduced such laws and 12 are intending to.

So whats new in the firearms world?

Anything you want to discuss?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just moved her to michigan a state that lets you get a C.P.L. "concealed pistol license". Im working on getting it, but one of the down falls is that i cant bring my .40cal s&w m&p to the state! in Michigan you can not bring a pistol across state lines! so I have to sell my gun out of state and then re buy it in state! thats messed up!

A pretty decent (In my opinion) article about liberals coming from someone who I see as quite liberal.

That being said I think he does as good a job as I've ever seen on 2nd amendment issues...

I just moved her to michigan a state that lets you get a C.P.L. "concealed pistol license". Im working on getting it, but one of the down falls is that i cant bring my .40cal s&w m&p to the state! in Michigan you can not bring a pistol across state lines! so I have to sell my gun out of state and then re buy it in state! thats messed up!
That really sucks that you have to go out of your way to keep your own weapon.

I would rather someone keep their weapon then need to sell it just to move to another state...

My thought is that I was born with the right to bare arms! thats why I live here! It really ticks me of that I cant even keep the gun that I bought legally because someone thinks I did not! i went through my 48hr background check, i have all the legal papers that says I am "SAFE" to own it! but now i get get told I can because some state said I cant! Wait this is also coming from a state that will let me have a C.P.L. but I got my gun from a state that will not give out C.P.L. and tell me i cant even open care! Im glad to see that link you put up! it just shows that people are getting tired of being told what to do when its really are god given right to tell are goverment what to do! :)

Yea, 2010 has been a good one gun-wise for me so far ;) Second of January we had a big hunt out at our place and my dad let me use his 8x68S for the first time. I can report... damn that thing is strong! Shot a deer and almost lost my hearing :lol: No, exaggeration, it wasn't quite that bad. Nice gun though, strong bullet, dropped the deer straight away. Fired two shots that day, the second one was when I shot at a deer after sprinting for 200m at -5

This thread needs more ballist1x.

Epically good avatar Krow!

@Andrew, nope, sadly not, cause by the time I went to look for it (didn't drop instantly, I was like what the heck?) it was pretty dark already, pictures were rubbish then...

I am currently looking in to becoming a Police Officer here in Michigan.

I wanted to practice up on Firearms training before I end up in the Academy. I have been looking at buying Springfield XD (Tactical Model 5")

Looks like this:

GXD9623HCSP06.jpg

Looking to buy it in the Spring of this year.

If at all possible, I'd take a Glock, a Smith and Wesson M&P and a Springfield XD in your caliber of choice to a local range and get a little trigger time with all three before you make your decision (unless you just love Springfield). I've used the Glock and M&P, but not the XD, and from what I hear they are all somewhat similar with their own individual perks. Personally I think the ergonomics of the Glock are fairly atrocious when compared to some of the newer polymers out, so they are at the bottom of my list.

I've heard good things about the Springfield, however, it'd have to be pretty damn good for me to switch from my M&P .40 cal. That's one hell of a nice polymer pistol. As always, to each his own, just my two cents. If you're not able to field test the different pistols, well then, go for whichever fits best in your hand I guess.

Edited by Bizzlenitch

My Parents both own Springfield's. Dad has a .45 and Mom has a .40.

I really enjoy shooting the .40 more so then the .45 but the .45 fits like a glove.

I will check and see if the place I was going to buy the gun from has a "testing range" were I could try out a few clips on each of the gun's you stated above.

It's definitely not a bad idea since I am still new to shooting, and have only used one brand.

I'm Looking to buy my first gun pretty soon here. Likely just a .22 pistol for starters :), then will likely look into a 9mm later in the year...

As far as news goes, This past summer the Attorney General of Wisconsin basically stated that open carry is legal. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/files/FinalOpenCarryMemo.pdf

I know alot of the law enforcement agencies are still giving disorderly conduct tickets for anyone who is found carrying a firearm openly...