Is it cool to have UV cathodes?

It's like when I don't use the flash, the quality of the photo goes down.

Shutter speed is much faster with a flash, that's why they hand held shots are sharper with a flash.

Anyways, looks pretty decent, a bit too bright IMO, but that might just be the picture.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shutter speed is much faster with a flash, that's why they hand held shots are sharper with a flash.

Anyways, looks pretty decent, a bit too bright IMO, but that might just be the picture.

First - thx for the photoing advice.

Second - thx, and yeah, everything is muuuuuch brighter in the photo. Irl it's nice to look at...doesn't hurt the eyes but still noticeable.

Like you said, your case isn't cathode friendly. A cleaner look might be achieved with a few smaller cathodes, possibly hidden out of direct sight, rather than the 30cm ones. I have found(in my taste,) that cathodes have a pleasant effect when you can see their effects, but not see them directly.

Like you said, your case isn't cathode friendly. A cleaner look might be achieved with a few smaller cathodes, possibly hidden out of direct sight, rather than the 30cm ones. I have found(in my taste,) that cathodes have a pleasant effect when you can see their effects, but not see them directly.

Exactly, thats why I put them where they are. Thats as hidden as 2 30cm tubes can be. I spend like an hour doing the one on the inside. I didn't wanna mess up my godly cable management so it was kinda tough getting the stickys there and then slipping the sucker in. I think for now it's good but I'll probably get a smaller pair and do like 1 big and 2 small.

Exactly, thats why I put them where they are. Thats as hidden as 2 30cm tubes can be. I spend like an hour doing the one on the inside. I didn't wanna mess up my godly cable management so it was kinda tough getting the stickys there and then slipping the sucker in. I think for now it's good but I'll probably get a smaller pair and do like 1 big and 2 small.

It's not that hard fitting them out of sight, you just have to imagine what it'll look like with the side panel back on. Here's mine:

post-70173-1264871777_thumb.jpg

post-70173-1264871793_thumb.jpg

And a shakey top-down pic of where I placed them - one above and one below the window. The only problem is the PSU might stop the UV rays directly hitting the lower PCI slots on your mobo, in which case I've seen ppl mounting them just above the slots for the expansion cards (you know, the back board).

Edited by Union Of V

It's not that hard fitting them out of sight, you just have to imagine what it'll look like with the side panel back on. Here's mine:

post-70173-1264871777_thumb.jpg

post-70173-1264871793_thumb.jpg

And a shakey top-down pic of where I placed them - one above and one below the window. The only problem is the PSU might stop the UV rays directly hitting the lower PCI slots on your mobo, in which case I've seen ppl mounting them just above the slots for the expansion cards (you know, the back board).

Lol Believe me, I tried, but where they are right now is the only place I could put them so that they are as hidden as possible and at the same time light as much stuff as possible. They don't really fit anywhere else in a way that it'd be discreet. For this case, the smaller tube model would have been better but I'm happy with the my current result as well.

Also: nice build.

OK so I made a few shots and saved the best ones. It looks way better irl. lol

That looks like rubbish. your mother must of been the one who tells you it was cool IRLZLZLZHDFNASIOWHDFAOS

you didn't match the color of your board,

you can see the friggin stick sitting in plain view

it doesn illuminate more than like 30% of the case

and it doesnt even have the same color,

your slots are banana yellow, your one stick it looks like of ballstick ram arent the same.

no fans or anything react.

awful idea implemented by a awful product.

you asked if it would be cool, you could at least of stopped when evn YOU said your case wasnt friendly, and you to much of a child to even get things like proper paint to even have your board properly react.

you said i was a n00b. ironically when cathodescame out, so did n00bs like you.

i'd never in a million years show pictures of something like that, why? because i have respect for my own abilities.

when you get some skills, maybe you can reapply them.

sucks when you start arguments and insults.

especially when your not half the garbage you say you are

Edited by cirro

That looks like rubbish. your mother must of been the one who tells you it was cool IRLZLZLZHDFNASIOWHDFAOS

your slots are banana yellow, your one stick it looks like of ballstick ram arent the same.

you asked if it would be cool, you could at least of stopped when evn YOU said your case wasnt friendly, and you to much of a child to even get things like proper paint to even have your board properly react.

i'd never in a million years show pictures of something like that, why? because i have respect for my own abilities.

issues.......uh

obviously ur drunk or something...cuz u have no idea wut ur talking about. like srsly....

Wow man, what's with all the negative waves?

I must have missed where someone called you a noob..

Hmm, maybe something like:

It would look a lot better if you tried matching the colors of your board a bit more. Maybe go with a green theme and change the fans to something more reactive.

Also, I think the placement of the cathodes could be changed to hide them a bit better, possibly put one at the very top, above the side panel.

Wow man, what's with all the negative waves?

I must have missed where someone called you a noob..

Hmm, maybe something like:

It would look a lot better if you tried matching the colors of your board a bit more. Maybe go with a green theme and change the fans to something more reactive.

Also, I think the placement of the cathodes could be changed to hide them a bit better, possibly put one at the very top, above the side panel.

thank you hyper. he must have been drunk he' prolly excuse himself in the morning. I also don't recall calling him a noob.

As for the cathodes, I did think about placing them up there but it won't fit just like it won't fit on the bottom. I tried putting the 2 cathodes on the case's side panel but because of the window, the thing is embedded so it doesn't stick well at all... Another problem with that would be that my PSU and CPU heatsink would block all the light. I think that the only solution for this case would be a smaller pair of cathodes.

I also think that the color scheme is nice. It'd be better if there was yellow UV or green UV, not that I mean UV not light. Though this also works since it's blue-ish which goes with the blue fans. Then theres the yellow parts from the mobo and everything else is black. I dun want my case to look as if a clown's been shot on it. <expression that someone used on the forums here quite a while back but I remembered it. lol