Is it cool to have UV cathodes?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Well I can't exactly buy any of this stuff locally and I don't have a credit card to buy online...

I just remembered you wrote this.

No point in starting any more threads about asking what you should get then, eh?

I just remembered you wrote this.

No point in starting any more threads about asking what you should get then, eh?

um...yes...there is a point so that I know what I would need. As for the thread, I was looking for opinions so calm down k. If u dun like it don't post maybe?...

um...yes...there is a point so that I know what I would need. As for the thread, I was looking for opinions so calm down k. If u dun like it don't post maybe?...

But sir! How will you buy anything?

While you continue to ask daft questions, you will continue to get daft responses.

Irony, when a troll trolls a troll, eh troll?

But sir! How will you buy anything?

While you continue to ask daft questions, you will continue to get daft responses.

Irony, when a troll trolls a troll, eh troll?

....yeah for sure...like...u must be proud of ur accomplishment...good for u. Too bad that not everyone was like you, that be totally awesome.

Just to let you know you don't need a credit card to buy online. If you have a debit card, it works too. If you see a visa or some other credit card logo on your debit card, you should be fine.

Plus with newegg, you can order, and send in a check. Takes longer, but can be done.

Also there might be other ways to fund things maybe like paypal, or pre-paid visa card or something???

As for uv and stuff, sure if you like it. I might do something like that, maybe even hand paint something, hopefully not crappy ha ha.

I also like things like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16800888036

My version is more like electricity or really wavy lines. I love it. The above is pretty close to what I have. I'll be bringing my old one to my new computer. It's not too bright like led's, it's soft, and like 1/20th the brightness so you can stare at it and not be blinded. Also cool, room temperature +1 degree, to the touch. Actually that one above is liuid neon, don't know about those. Cold cathodes is what I'm talking about. You can also find them here, http://www.crazypc.com/, but I don't know their billing, but they might give you some clues about what's out there that you might want.

If you want to make your case look cool, just make sure you make it how YOU think its cool.

Edited by CardsFan88

Just to let you know you don't need a credit card to buy online. If you have a debit card, it works too. If you see a visa or some other credit card logo on your debit card, you should be fine.

Plus with newegg, you can order, and send in a check. Takes longer, but can be done.

Also there might be other ways to fund things maybe like paypal, or pre-paid visa card or something???

As for uv and stuff, sure if you like it. I might do something like that, maybe even hand paint something, hopefully not crappy ha ha.

I also like things like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16800888036

My version is more like electricity or really wavy lines. I love it. The above is pretty close to what I have. I'll be bringing my old one to my new computer. It's not too bright like led's, it's soft, and like 1/20th the brightness so you can stare at it and not be blinded. Also cool, room temperature +1 degree, to the touch. Actually that one above is liuid neon, don't know about those. Cold cathodes is what I'm talking about. You can also find them here, http://www.crazypc.com/, but I don't know their billing, but they might give you some clues about what's out there that you might want.

If you want to make your case look cool, just make sure you make it how YOU think its cool.

Lol dude, I've been over the whole "plan to buy online stuff without a bank account." So I'm aware of things and for now I can't so I use my moms card when needed. Though when I bought this PC I told her that I wouldn't ask any more money favors from here for PCs. A week ago I got payed for fixing a guys PC 25 bucks so I'm getting the cathodes from a local store with my own money and I didn't tell my mom about it. She doesn't like me spending money on it too but what does she know. I'll get by without her stupid cards anyway.

As for the cathode stuff. As I said before, I haven't seen any irl so I don't know how they look or how they are in cases and I needed some opinions if they were a good idea or if they we're something that just didn't belong into a PC case. I'm not a big fan of customizing cases n stuff...I'd rather keep things simple and as less as possible in the case, but I though that an extra tube of light or two wouldn't hurt.

I like uv cathodes. When i put together a secondary rig i bought 2 cathodes put em in and then sleeved the psu. They looked pretty good and i happened to have these neon zipties which what do you know were uv reactive to. To top it off then my 4670 I had bought was uv reactive too. For being a real cheap rig I think it looks great.

I switched out the stock cooler with a zalman which had a blue led which added a little more light, also did a lot more cable management

post-66289-1264278069_thumb.jpg

Edited by usaweapon777

I like uv cathodes. When i put together a secondary rig i bought 2 cathodes put em in and then sleeved the psu. They looked pretty good and i happened to have these neon zipties which what do you know were uv reactive to. To top it off then my 4670 I had bought was uv reactive too. For being a real cheap rig I think it looks great.

I switched out the stock cooler with a zalman which had a blue led which added a little more light, also did a lot more cable management

nice, well when I get my tubes this week (I hope), I'll stick em in, and we'll see what we get. In my case, apart from the Mobo and it's props I don't have anything else that is UV reactive so I may get some of that UV paint later on. I know there are some PSUs that have cable sleeving that is UV reactive too but mine is just regular black but if I get the paint, with some work I could make it UV reactive too along with other stuff that I haven't yet thought about. Though the cable thing might not be such a big deal since 70% of it is behind the case and it won't really show except on the bottom where the PSU is, but that might be cool too. Only time will tell. I'm not gonna rush things and think that far ahead.