Sign in to follow this  
sack_patrol

Is it cool to have UV cathodes?

I personally don't like them cause it makes it look like ricer Honda's with all the blue neon light thingy's lol.

I only put white cold cathodes in my case so that I may see the inside to look at my work whenever I please.

That's exactly why when I watercool I used just plain distilled water instead of the colored crap in the bottle the makes a mess of a setup.

Edited by Queenz

From what I have read if you get the colored lights it will still make those UV things light up. I would try blue, I don't think you will be to impressed with the UV lights. I had some back when I had my Expert and it wasn't that bright.

From what I have read if you get the colored lights it will still make those UV things light up. I would try blue, I don't think you will be to impressed with the UV lights. I had some back when I had my Expert and it wasn't that bright.

Probably will but I was thinking of later getting some of that neon thing that makes whatever u want UV reactive. At that point it'd be cooler to just have the stuff look like they are emitting light on their own rather than blue lights. Though now it might be better to get normal tubes since I don't have many things that are uv reactive though as u said it does work with normal blue cathodes since I can even now see that some things like my sata cable is a bit UV reflectiv-ish of the front fan. Anyway. I think if I get the UV now it might be good for later. If it isn't too bright, thats ok since I don't want my case look like a freakin rainbow. As less colors as possible would be better. If it emits a small amount of light it'd be good. I'll probably put one on the bottom of the case and one on the front since the top already has the fans and ram leds...I dunno I'll fire em up and place em afterwards so I can see where they would be most efficient.

I had some blue ones. I got pretty tired of them (I'll echo the ricer comments). They're now in a box...

But, if you do it well (place them properly), it can be tasteful. It really depends on your tastes :P

Well..when I get em in my case, we'll find out if it's my style. :P I'll never know unless I try.

if only you would've thought of this before you even made this thread ;)

A buddy of mine wanted some lighting for his case, so we installed some blue LED fans and a UV cold cathode. The blue LEDs seemed to be enough to get the UV effect when we had the cold cathode turned off. He later added some Lego ghosts in his case for fun, and it turned out quite well, since the ghosts are glow in the dark.

Edited by SnooSnooKachu

if only you would've thought of this before you even made this thread ;)

Yeah, right. That would require a degree of forethought.