Is it cool to have UV cathodes?

Well...I was just wondering if cathodes, UV or not was cool in a case. My mobos connectors n stuff reflects from UV so I was thinking of getting a tube or 2 but I don't know if it's worth it. Or maybe another kind of color would be better for my build? I've never used cathodes so I don't know how bright they glow or if it looks good with them or just leaving it as it is since it might get too tacky. Here you can see how my build looks like if you want to suggest something that would go well with it. In the mean time I'll see what kind of cathodes they sell.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.

If you think it's cool, then no, you shouldn't get any.

If you think it's not cool, then you definitely should.

If you come to any other sort of conclusion, then you are obviously part of Norse mythology.

Well I dunno. I mean I think it might be nice but maybe when I actually get it, it might not be what I though or maybe I just won't like it as much as I imagined I would. Also I can't really decide what color would go well since I cant just try a bunch off and get the one I like the most...it's not a freakin shoe sale. haha. I saw a few from Logisys for 12 bucks from a local store. I was thinking red or blue or UV...since my case already has a bunch of blue led case fans maybe that would be nice but I dunno. I might try to google some PC photos with cathodes and see how other people's pc's look.

EDIT: Is there such a thing that makes not UV reactive surfaces, UV reactive? I was looking at some photo of a rig and it had all the different parts glowing from UV.

http://www.overclock.net/picture.php?album...;pictureid=6618 here is the image.

Edited by ballist1x

Well I dunno. I mean I think it might be nice but maybe when I actually get it, it might not be what I though or maybe I just won't like it as much as I imagined I would. Also I can't really decide what color would go well since I cant just try a bunch off and get the one I like the most...it's not a freakin shoe sale. haha. I saw a few from Logisys for 12 bucks from a local store. I was thinking red or blue or UV...since my case already has a bunch of blue led case fans maybe that would be nice but I dunno. I might try to google some PC photos with cathodes and see how other people's pc's look.

EDIT: Is there such a thing that makes not UV reactive surfaces, UV reactive? I was looking at some photo of a rig and it had all the different parts glowing from UV.

http://www.overclock.net/picture.php?album...;pictureid=6618 here is the image.

UV paint

Ah thanks. So is that like something u spray on ur stuff... Or is it supposed to be used with paint spray thingys that u see people use for custom paint jobs on cars.

edit: and they do have uv powders for airbrushing that pictured is just a spray can

post-6425-1263856071_thumb.jpg

Edited by caffeinejunkie

Nice. Well I can't exactly buy any of this stuff locally and I don't have a credit card to buy online so for now the uv sprays are off limits for me but this certainly would be cool if I got some UV lights. I guess I'll get x2 pack of Logisys' uv cathodes and maybe one day when I get some of that clearneon it'd be ever better. I hope. They also say that it's "Compatible with Sound control module" which I'm guessing makes the uv get brighter and darker depending on the beat of what I'm playing...I don't think I'll use it though. Just make it turn on when the PC is on, and off when the PC is off. :P