Looking for a new printer

Miek

Just my luck- I want to print one thing today, and my printer dies on me (not to mention the software for it hadn't seen an update for several years and was lousy all around).

Thus, I am looking for a new printer.

• I would like to be able to print in colour.
  • I don't want something exceedingly expensive; It will be for home use.
  • I have developed a hatred for Brother products.
  • I want the printer to last (unlike my last one)

Any ideas?

Dont really know much about printers.

I always just looked for something that could print in color lol.

This is a 50 dollar printer by EPSON

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16828103385

Only thing I would do first is just check and find out what Ink Cart. it uses and find out how much they are.

Sucks buying a printer that has expensive Ink.

I will ONLY buy HP Printers at this point. Definitely my favorite printers from every standpoint - easy to use software, very reliable even in a corporate environment, and just good printers.

Here is one example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16828115504

Just check the cartridge prices of course, but Costco/BJ's and those types of places typically have very cheap ink.

The HP 6000 series isn't half bad, the XL versions of the ink aren't too expensive even @ overpriced retail. I would however go for a 6500 as they have fax document feeder etc and not much more money usually. (About $100 shipped from the egg last i looked, about the same @ several retail stores)

Though dont expect any new printer to last, they are NOT designed to last very long compared to a lot of older printers. Personally I don't mind brother (though the inkjets are useless for pictures), Canon and much like DevilMB3017 HP is my personal choice as a general rule.

I also like HP printers. Everyone else in my house has one.

So far, I'm the only one to have a printer crap out. >.<

I think I will look further into the previously linked to HP printer.