2x XFX 5770

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P

Intel Core i5-750

Coolermaster RR-B10-212P-G1

4x 2GB Crucial DDR3-1333

2x WD Raptor 300GB

2x WD Raptor 74GB

Anyways, with that out of the way...

Started doing some tests with prime95 64bit and I hit 99C in 20 seconds or so using the bone stock config. Happens even faster if I try to follow the overclocking guides from Tom's, MaximumPC or NCIX. I used Arctic Silver, and I've already re-seated the heatsink twice. Case has 4 fans, plus the one on the heatsink.

Just doesn't make any sense. Please help a guy out......

Check out the thermal interface material. Does it Idle ok then It heats up instantly?

Sorry, missed the reseated the heatsink part. How much are you using. a layer thinner then a sheet of paper is how much I use. I use a razor blade to spread so it is even and very thin.

Another thought is maybe the cooler is convex or concaved

Edited by boinker

Check out the thermal interface material. Does it Idle ok then It heats up instantly?

Sorry, missed the reseated the heatsink part. How much are you using. a layer thinner then a sheet of paper is how much I use. I use a razor blade to spread so it is even and very thin.

Another thought is maybe the cooler is convex or concaved

I used quite a bit, and it was squirting out the sides. Maybe it's too much?

You only need an amount the size of a grain or rice or orzo pasta. Personally, I put the dab in the middle and let the weight of the heat sink spread the material. Arctic Silver makes a good cleaner for thermal material. I always use it to makes sure bother surface are clean prior to installation.

You only need an amount the size of a grain or rice or orzo pasta. Personally, I put the dab in the middle and let the weight of the heat sink spread the material. Arctic Silver makes a good cleaner for thermal material. I always use it to makes sure bother surface are clean prior to installation.

I use a credit card or drivers license to spread a very thin film across the cpu.

I also think that in addition to too much thermal compound you might have not secured the heatsink too well.