WhenKittensATK

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

I'm loving the soundscape in Red Orchestra 2. Small arms fire + orchestra music is just brilliant. I would say it rivals the soundscape in BC2.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-gameplay-red-orchestra/717223

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/soviet-gameplay-red-orchestra/717225

A bunch of videos that are starting to popup from their press events:

German Campaign Walkthrough

Soviet Campaign Walkthrough

Some discussion on Hero only weapons, ranking, and unlocks. Progression in a class and progression in specific weapons. If you raise a class high enough you can unlock weapons from the other country to use at spawning (He mentions if you raise your German SMGer high, you can unlock the ppsh in his loadout).

Clan Beta has started for RO2, you can enter in your clan here.

They said your clan doesn't need to be RO focused. The next beta stage is going to be a 25k key giveaway, probably starting next month.

Edited by Krazyxazn

RO2 system requirements and box art

Minimum:

Processor: Dual Core 2.3 GHz or better

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics card: 256 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 GTX or better ATI® Radeon® HD 2900 GT or better

Sound: Windows Supported Sound Card

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 8 GB free hard drive space

Recommended:

Processor: Quad Core 2.6 GHz or better

RAM: 3 GB

Graphics card: 512 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 260 or better ATI® Radeon® HD 5750 or better

Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy or better

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 8 GB free hard drive space

Squads will be similar to America's Army, if any of you have played that.

1. a. Squads in game reflect real-world organisation - so usually 8-10 people, broken up into "fireteams". Depending on mission, can be rifle team, assault team, MG team. You may see a separate sniper team, to reflect that snipers were not usually part of the squad makeup.

1. b. As the number of players increases, so new squads will open up.

2. The squads are set up by map, so the LD can mess around with the composition of the force, to suit the map. So, one squad can be rifle-heavy, one can be assault-heavy.

Wallpaper for RO 2 (from box art)

I'll try to make a RO 1 vs RO 2 video and maybe a RO 2 vs BF3 video after next week (Finals week :D)

Edited by Krazyxazn

Red Orchestra 2 is official up for preorder on Steam and it got some preorder treats too.

Base Price is $40 (Regular) and $50 (Digital Deluxe).

10% preorder discount (Non-RO 1 owners): $36 (Regular) and $45 (Digital Deluxe)

20% preorder discount (RO 1 owners): $32 (Regular) and $40 (Digital Deluxe)

If you don't own RO1 and would like the additional 10% discount send me a PM. I can gift RO2 purchases with the 20% discount.

Owners of the original Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 will receive the following:

Pre-purchase now and receive 10% off or get 20% off if you already own the original Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.

Day 1 unlock of the Kar98 and Mosin rifle bayonets:

pagebannerguns.png

Special in-game item - Russian Guards Badge and German Close Combat Badge:

pagebannerbadges.png

Steam Digital Deluxe Edition:

Access to the final phase of closed beta before the August 30th launch,

Day 1 Unlock of the Elite Assault Weapons (MKb 42(H) and AVT-40) and Semi Auto Sniper Weapons (SVT-40 and G 41(W):

pagebannerexclusiveguns.png

Team Fortress 2 German and Russian hats ("vintage" if bought during pre-purchase):

pagebannerexclusivehats.png

Two new characters for Killing Floor - Russian and German Soldier Re-enactors:

pagebannerexclusivesold.png

Edited by Krazyxazn

Been hearing too much BF3 and MW3 lately. It's time for some RO2 love. I did a big features list for BF3 awhile back, so to top it I did a roughly 34 minute video on just RO2.

Sorry the information in this video is mostly setup in alphabetical order, instead of relevant information.

Disclaimer: This video is intended for viewers who know very little about RO2. It's more of what RO2 has to offer rather than why you should play it. I leave that decision up to the viewers. The video consists of my narration and videos provided by Tripwire Interactive on features in the game. It is missing some features, but I got the majority of them.

If you notice errors, please let me know. I still have all the raw files and can correct them. They take awhile to do, so I'll only correct the videos after a lot of errors are submitted.

I just discovered a gameplay demo, its pretty active so you can get the feel of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMyUZn__Tc

Edited by Krazyxazn

RO2 has be delayed until Sept 13th for more time to polish the game. I wonder if we will still get a closed beta this month. I'll keep you updated. When I say you I mean me, because I'm the only person who posts in this thread. :mfp:

Posted by VP of Tripwire :lol:

To be clear, we don't mean "Polish LANGUAGE", we mean "polishing the game to remove bugs".

Edited by Krazyxazn

I bring some sad news. There will be no public beta key giveaway, only a Digital Deluxe Preorder Beta. There will be no NDA for this beta, so at least you can except to see a lot of videos from me. Granted I'm not busy with school.

Don' take this as a sign to force yourself to preorder the game that you might be unsure about. The game is plenty cheap at base price without preordering for discount. They did say they would do a free weekend sometime after release.

Pre-Ordering the Digital Deluxe Edition is the only way to get into the larger scale beta. We've decided against a public beta mainly due to time constraints and not having the bandwidth to ramp up to a massive amount of servers in the short amount of time before release. We will do a free weekend some time soon after the release for those that want to try before they buy.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I'm interested in the game but there's no way I could buy this without trying it first. I bought the first game because I heard it was great and nobody said anything about it really but when I got I really couldn't stand it for various reasons but my biggest problem with it was the pace I think, it's an extremely slow game. It doesn't really help that the game isn't newbie friendly at all either, when you can combine the fact that it takes forever to get anywhere with the fact that once you get there all you're really going to do is die, it's a really depressing game.

I do like the fact that the game has a special discount for owners of the first game though, I wish more games had this going on, I know I'd probably pre-order more games out there if they did it.