Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

WhenKittensATK

Large Update Coming This Week

posted by [TW]Yoshiro @ 04:23PM on October 03, 2011

Hey guys,

It has been a few days since I last had a chance to talk with you. While I was out of town at a wedding, the team has been hard at work bringing you another update for RO 2. This will be a large update (several gigs in size) due to the art/level changes that have gone into it dealing with performance and graphical improvements (which will cause some areas on the maps as well as weapons/characters in some situations to look significantly better when not in the primary light source).

We've also been actively running the stand alone beta build of the game to identify and fix stats and achievement issues. If all goes well we believe we will have this wrapped up soon.

So in summary here is what you can expect:

1) Graphical Improvements in some lighting conditions

2) Improved performance in nearly every map

3) Stats/achievements systems fixed

4) Fix of the sound loss on map change (again... this time with feeling)

5) Several minor performance enhancements in code

At the same time we will likely roll out our next update of the SDK for those who have it, fixing a few more issues (the highlight being Play In Editor).

The timing of when this update rolls out largely depends on how our testing of the stats system goes in the beta build. When we push out the next update for it, we would appreciate your help hammering at it. See you on the front!

Stats Reset Coming

posted by [TW]Yoshiro @ 08:51PM on October 03, 2011

So we planned on putting this press release out as soon as we put out the update that fixed the stats. But since the achievement "In B4 Reset" found its way into to public already, I'll go ahead and post this up here now so you guys know what is coming up. You'll likely see a modified version of this press release come out in the next few days when we release the update. And this is the current plan, but things can always change, so if something changes please don't come back later and go "but you guys promised you were going to do X" We don't promise, we let you know what the current plans/ideas are, but those can always change!

Red Orchestra 2 - The State of the Game

By most business measures Red Orchestra 2 has been a smashing success for Tripwire Interactive. Within 2 days of the launch of Red Orchestra 2 it had surpassed the lifetime revenue of the original Red Orchestra that has been selling for over 5 years. The pre-sales and launch week sales of the game broke all company records even beating out our hit game Killing Floor by a three times margin. And Red Orchestra 2 has quickly established itself as one of the most played games on Steam. But for all of this success we've not done as well as we would have liked in the most important area to us - the happiness of all of our customers. To put it bluntly the game had a rough launch. We've been working diligently since launch to get these issues sorted and have made great progress fixing issues with matchmaking, VOIP, and stability as well as improving performance. The final major area that we've been working on is stats, player progression, and ranking.

We believe we have all of the major issues worked out with the stats system and are rolling out an update soon that should address these issues. Due to the problems with stats and players either earning stats and achievements that they didn't actually earn or earning stats at many times the intended rate we are going to have to do a global reset of all stats for the game. This means all achievements, stats and player progression will be rolled back as if all players were new. This was not an easy decision for us to make, but one we felt we needed to do to preserve the integrity of the stats and ranking system, and to provide all of the players the best experience with the game over the long term. Knowing that there are people that have been playing the game for a few weeks now and will lose the stats for that time we are going to provide a special bonus to all players. For a limited time all players will earn double experience in Red Orchestra 2. Additionally, we going to give all players that own the game before the reset a special achievement called "In B4 Reset". Right now this is just an achievement, but we're going to be looking at ways to give special rewards to the players that have this achievement in the future.

Thank you to all of the players that have made Red Orchestra 2 a hit so far. We've got a lot of exciting things in store with free content coming for the game so stay tuned for news on that.

October 6th Update Changelog

posted by [TW]Yoshiro @ 08:50PM on October 06, 2011

The previously mentioned RO2 update is in Valve's hands and will be released soon. The stats reset will take place sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon time. The changelog is below:

Stats

-Fixed stats and acheivements being awarded when they shouldn't have been and sometimes not saving stats on ranked servers. This requires a global stat and achievement reset which will be happening soon.

-Fixed several number display issues in the profile menu and after action report

-Honor, class, and weapon experience are all currently doubled to help make up for stats lost to the reset

-A new achievement has been added which is unlocked simply by playing RO2 during the double xp for players affected by the stat reset

Gameplay

-Reloading can be interrupted by melee or switching weapons

-Fixed quick grenade not returning to the previously equipped weapon

-Fixed team wounding counting as kill

-Fixed kill assists not showing up all the time

-Fixed Countdown Time to Beat being always 0

-Fixed timers showing wrong numbers in the single player campaign

-Fixed tank AI being able to see through smoke

-Fixed tank cannon smoke shells not blocking any AI vision

Stability & Performance

- Major optimization pass on all maps should increase performance across the board

- Reduced Alt-Tab crashing

- Fixed post-processing preset resetting itself in the video settings menu

- Fixed glowing outline/rainbow colors around the screen for certain machines

- Fixed a bug causing all audio to cut out after a map change

- Graphical improvements to environments, weapons and vehicle interior - areas or vehicles/weapons not in direct sunlight now have working specularity which will help make normal maps more visible and textures to look less flat

- New Umbra release and optimization

- General CPU optimizations

Server

-Fix for commandline setting of webadmin values not saving after multiple map changes

• 2 weeks later...

Early preview of Rising Storm mod. Its still months away from being done. This is the Japanese side trailer, next month they will release an American side trailer.

I spy booby trap @ 1m37s :D

Utte! pew pew pew pew pew pew (my favorite part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KRM12CR2VU

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiqNFuE5HFk

Red Orchestra 2 will be available completely free to play for everyone on Steam this weekend, starting Thursday 24 May 2012 at 10AM Pacific Time. The content pack update will happen before the free weekend starts. http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

The content pack additions include:

• "Action" mode - Featuring a crosshair, easier aiming and toned down recoil,

reduced damage and open access to a wide range of weaponry Action mode is the perfect first step for players into the world of Red Orchestra.

• "Classic" mode blends the gameplay innovations of the new game with the

tactical and edgy gameplay of the original giving the fans of the first game exactly what they want.

• Mamayev Kurgan - complete new map, featuring both close-quarters battles in trenches and bunkers, as well as longer ranged combat across the famous hill in Stalingrad

• Refined and improved gameplay across the board, vehicle improvements, and way better performance and polish. We listened to the community and based on their feedback refined and tweaked almost every major feature in the game!

On another note Iron Front Liberation 1944 releases on May 25th (coincidence?). Costs $30 it seems.

Edited by AZNguyen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZAqrcakHA

Played some Classic and Action mode. Classic played pretty well. Action mode suffers from a crappy spawning system (enemies are usually near by). Really no spawn protection provided by the map. In DoD:S, enemies couldn't enter your base and you also had some protection because you were enclosed in a small base. RO2 maps aren't designed like that and you're pretty much in the wide open haha.

Well purchased the game.. thought I would try 5 minutes of mp well it said it found 4200 users but none of the servers were showing.. I reset the filters as well Thanks :)

Well purchased the game.. thought I would try 5 minutes of mp well it said it found 4200 users but none of the servers were showing.. I reset the filters as well Thanks :)

Server browser is funky, sometimes it will work sometimes it won't. You can search for servers using the Steam Server, just set the filter to Red Orchestra 2.

Got the game yesterday from Steam, the Deluxe deal. Likin' it but for some reason I can't remap the control keys. On the options tab, it's totally blank, just brown screen, LOL.

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\

One fix I saw on forums was to delete the RedOrchestra2 folder in the directory above. It will erase all your configs, but since the screen is blank I guess you didn't really set any :D

I also remember on release time, if you had Nvidia CP forced AA, it would make some of the menus show up blank.

Edited by AZNguyen