TropicalPreist

Best 30 inch around?

I have 2 30 inch monitors, A Gateway that is absolutely beautiful but is finicky when you pull the power connection. THis one has not had the screen blackout problems that the original one I used had. Newegg made it right for me. Color and response time are great in games. THe LG panel that is linked is one I also have. It to is a nice monitor with an IPS panel that has no bleeding. It however does need some color correction right out of the box and much like most 30 inch monitors it does not have any adjustments other than brightness. The gateway was great color wise and featured a wealth of connections but is not made anymore. THe Samsung 305 t is a good option as well and several of the staff have one.

The only reason that resolution would be a problem is that even HD content would look stretched out on such an awesome monitor! :lol:

It's a great monitor though.

Does the resolution matter much to you?

i can't really say it does since i've never noticed the difference between the two. i myself owned a ASUS that was 1920x1080 but when i'd see a friends 1920x1200 samsung monitor i didn't see any difference honestly. Why would HD look scretched? Is it because native resolution of 1080p is 1920x1080 and that monitor supports a higher rez? Doesn't gpu scalling make up for things like that?

It's just hard for me to think that you can my 26 in mon. for under 300.00, or pay 1000.00 more to get 4 more inches. :blink:

I would love to have a bigger mon. it's just the price is a stopper for me. :(

It's just hard for me to think that you can my 26 in mon. for under 300.00, or pay 1000.00 more to get 4 more inches. :blink:

I would love to have a bigger mon. it's just the price is a stopper for me. :(

the resolution is a world changer... its not just the size

i can't really say it does since i've never noticed the difference between the two. i myself owned a ASUS that was 1920x1080 but when i'd see a friends 1920x1200 samsung monitor i didn't see any difference honestly. Why would HD look scretched? Is it because native resolution of 1080p is 1920x1080 and that monitor supports a higher rez? Doesn't gpu scalling make up for things like that?

HD would look stretched because it's 1920x1080 content displayed on a 2560x1440 monitor.

it does not stretch it you get black bars across the bottom to fill in the pixels that are not used

You would only get that if you were watching something with a ratio of 4:3 or 2.39:1. You won't get black bars with a 16:9 monitor.

the resolution is a world changer... its not just the size

+1 you're paying for the pixels and not for the bezel.

Edited by tkrow21

i just ment if you watch 16:9 conent on a 16:10 monitor you get to small black bars one across the bottom one across the top.... but yes it would be streched if you watched it 2560 x 1440 unless you find a monitor with up conversion like the gateway :P lol