unknownuser200

any good wireless gaming keyboards?

as the title says.... only one that came to mind was the logitech mx5500... opinions on that setup? sugguestions on another? etc...

I wouldnt get wireless key board, headset or a mouse especially if its for gaming no matter what you get better response with corded gear. Unless you must have wireless for some reason then i would get the logitech MX5500 or Logitech Pro 2000 keyboard with the Razer Orochi wireless mouse.

I wouldnt get wireless key board, headset or a mouse especially if its for gaming no matter what you get better response with corded gear. Unless you must have wireless for some reason then i would get the logitech MX5500 or Logitech Pro 2000 keyboard with the Razer Orochi wireless mouse.

What he said... You don't want wireless anything for gaming. My logitech G15 is great and the newer G15 is still good too as I've used that also. I use a Coolermaster Storm Sentenel Advanced for my main mouse now but I've had good performance out of my old logitech G5 mouse too.

It seems that almost every gamer hates wireless input devices but I HATE cords lol

I have the Logitech MX3200 KB and mouse and love it. No problems at all.

And if you're considering the 5500, its the big brother to this setup

Response times for wireless gear is poorer, but imo most times it isn't noticeable. Sure if you haven't hit your keyboard in a few minutes it'll go to sleep and it takes a couple of seconds to reset. True if you hit 50 keys the last 10 might take another 1/4 second to output to the screen, but for the most part, the lag is very small. Most times if you are getting killed in a game, it's because you suck, not because the wireless is slowing you down. Also some wireless models, and definitely older ones from 7-15 years ago were alot worse. I remember buying a wireless joystick for my Sega Genesis. The thing had to be literally 2 inches in front of the receiver or it didn't work pretty much making the whole wireless aspect useless.

But the logitech bluetooth mx combo from 2004 worked great, I could even type 30+ feet away through solid brick wall. The bluetooth software sucked, and was buggy, but that's a separate issue, and one that might not be so apparent if I had used it with multiple core processor.

So for you, my guess is; lag < having a cord. So you should buy a wireless.

It won't prevent you from getting 1st place in a round of a first person shooter.

But if you were one of two elite gamers, gaming for a 100k prize, you'd definitely would want to have a corded if the other guy did. But since the reality is none of us are like that, and even those that are -hardly are ever in that position, it really doesn't matter much. I'd say a higher precision mouse dpi wise is more of an advantage for gamers versus people that don't have one than wired/wireless.

I dont really care about the wire on the keyboard but wired mice are a nuisance, you can always feel it and it often catches on stuff.

I dont really care about the wire on the keyboard but wired mice are a nuisance, you can always feel it and it often catches on stuff.

Depends on how u setup your desk :P

Using a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 + Diamondback 3G, works great.

Used to have a wireless mouse, hated it... changing batteries is a bloody chore