MJCRO

Picking up some 5.1 Speakers!

I'm really set on picking these speakers up, I've been eye balling them for a while, but you guys think these good, anyone own them. B:)

LINK!

Are there any others better then these, at a cheaper price? :thumbs-up:

I've had these for over a year now and my buddy has the predecessor to these speakers, and I'd say these are the best 5:1 package you can get for that price.

Sound quality is nice, and the woofer has good bass response, you can really feel it if it's turned up past half =]

The only problem I've had so far is my center speaker has a bit of a pop to it, but that happened after the last party I threw here, a couple hours at max volume probably ephed something up.

Oh and be warned, the front speaker cords are SHORT!

6 feet might not seem short but they barely reach the ends of my desk, which is, rather large for a computer desk, I'll admit, but still, you'd expect a bit more if you plan on keeping the sub under your desk, cords for the rear speakers are fine, and the center has an absurd amount of cord.

I've had these for over a year now and my buddy has the predecessor to these speakers, and I'd say these are the best 5:1 package you can get for that price.

Sound quality is nice, and the woofer has good bass response, you can really feel it if it's turned up past half =]

The only problem I've had so far is my center speaker has a bit of a pop to it, but that happened after the last party I threw here, a couple hours at max volume probably ephed something up.

Oh and be warned, the front speaker cords are SHORT!

6 feet might not seem short but they barely reach the ends of my desk, which is, rather large for a computer desk, I'll admit, but still, you'd expect a bit more if you plan on keeping the sub under your desk, cords for the rear speakers are fine, and the center has an absurd amount of cord.

NICE, thanks man, that's...lol...all I really wanted to know. 6 feet should be more then enough for those front speakers, ohh I can't wait. :lol:

I'm really set on picking these speakers up, I've been eye balling them for a while, but you guys think these good, anyone own them. B:)

LINK!

Are there any others better then these, at a cheaper price? :thumbs-up:

Well my system is but not at a cheaper price :lol:. They are pretty good though and the subwoofer on that and the model below it sound nice.

Those are good, but the sub is meh....of course for 90$, ya can't beat it. If your on a tight budget, they are the way to go. I prefer the big brother to these : Big Daddy

Cheapest I could find them. Course I got mine referbed for about 180. Amazing set.

I also have them. If you can get the G51s instead, I would recommend it. You can control the back, center and sub speakers separately from the rest, for a well balanced sound depending on the environment.

spend a bit more and get logitech G51s. I have them and they're great with some damn good bass. I read about those and it sounds like they aren't too loud and the bass is kinda weak.

If you really want to save some money, hit up your local Craigslist. You can probably buy a dedicated AV receiver and some proper speakers for under 100. It's what I did. I found some speakers that were a frickin' steal. Just a suggestion.