Softmodding Xbox 360

Pagla07

well i have a jasper modded Xbox 360 that used to work just fine when i would put burned games inside it. but ever since i tried running the burned version of Modern warfare 2 and Assassins creed 2 I've seemed to run out of luck.... for som reason these games refuse to work. but i heard from somewhere that all I need to make them work is a simple software update.... can anybody shed some light on this matter....

Not allowed to talk about piracy here.

Actually, making backups of your disks is NOT piracy and neither is modding your Xbox 360. He never said anything about pirating the games. Why do you come to that conclusion? Are you profiling against modders?

Edited by kiasta

Actually, making backups of your disks is NOT piracy and neither is modding your Xbox 360. He never said anything about pirating the games. Why do you come to that conclusion? Are you profiling against modders?

He never said they were backups, for one thing.

He never said they were backups, for one thing.

He never said they were backups or pirated copies. Since one type of post would be breaking the rules, we should assume that this gentleman here has read the rules and is posting in relation to backups.

He never said they were backups or pirated copies. Since one type of post would be breaking the rules, we should assume that this gentleman here has read the rules and is posting in relation to backups.

+1 innocent until proven guilty

I guess I'll play along, even though I know more than 80% of console users who hard mod or soft mod their consoles aren't saints.

The new games since MW2 and AC2 are known as Wave 4 games. There are also Wave 5 and Wave 6 games. These games require that you use at least iXtreme 1.61 firmware or a non stealth firmware (Since your probably already banned, no harm in going the non stealth route). Using that firmware will allow you to play Wave 4 games without an activator disc. If you don't want to upgrade firmware for whatever reasons. You can just burn the activator iso on a DVD Dual Layer. It only works on DVD Dual Layers, so don't bother trying to burn it on a CD or DVD.

The way the activator disc works is you burn it and then plop it into the 360 drive and let it spin for 1-3 seconds. Remove the activator disc and insert your Wave 4 and above games. They will bypass security measures and you can play those games.

iXtreme 1.61 is currently the latest one. iXtreme Lite Touch (NOT a Lite-on only firmware) firmware is in the works with no ETA.

We can only try to emulate saints.

Edited by Krazyxazn