Lejaregg

COOLER MASTER HAF 932

Hey guys!

So I've really been looking at the COOLER MASTER HAF 932

All I wanted to know - is your personal opinions of the case.

If it is good for overclocking? Upgrading? Possible big CPU cooler?

I'm not looking for other recommendations at the moment.

My new build's guts (If you need to know?):

DVD Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B

MB: GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Motherboard

GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 5850 1GB

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 2 DDR3 1600

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders

Thanks,

Lejaregg

HAF932's are good for overclocking due to there airflow and spacious interior. They are good for modding, have plenty of room for water-cooling and many expansions available. I have a Haf932 that has been chopped a bit and had a water-cooling system installed. I like mine. from an antec900 to the HAF932 I noticed it was cooler and of course Its very very easy to work in due to the room.

here is my working log for my HAF932

HAF932's are good for overclocking due to there airflow and spacious interior. They are good for modding, have plenty of room for water-cooling and many expansions available. I have a Haf932 that has been chopped a bit and had a water-cooling system installed. I like mine. from an antec900 to the HAF932 I noticed it was cooler and of course Its very very easy to work in due to the room.

here is my working log for my HAF932

I realized you didn't really have the 140mm fans - at least from what I could see.

Are the 140mm fans bad? Or do you just get really good cooling with several 120mms?

If you could get real good cooling from the 120mms - what fans would you recommend?

I also am planning to buy a fan controller, I don't know if you had one or not -

but, do you know any reliable ones? I'm looking at the ZALMAN ZM-MFC1 Fan Controller Panel.

Thanks for the reply,

& thanks in advance if you reply again,

Lejaregg.

i have one of his fans that i plan on modding into my cooler master stacker 810 :) possibly as a front intake

I've been using a 932 for about a year now and I love it. It's got lots of room, lots of options for modding and cooling, and I think it looks cool. If you're going to get one I really would look into chaning out the top and side 200mm fans for a bunch of good 120mm fans. Coolermaster makes the R4 series fans that put out 69CFM for about 9$ each, or yate loon has a similar fan for about the same price. I swapped out the side fan for four of the CM 120s, and saw a 10C drop on my chipsets and a 5C drop on my GPUs. I also have a 240MM radiator inside the case where the top fan used to be with two fans on it, and it doesn't really get in the way. The third fan slot on the top hasn't been super helpful, but I just stuck an old OEM fan from a different PC in there, so it may just be a bad fan. The clips for PCIe cards and such aren't very good if you have heavy cards, I would ditch that setup and get screws. Dust is a big factor, I clean my case out about once every two weeks just to keep it from building up. Overall I think it's one of the best cases on the market if your looking to fit a lot of hardware. For what you have listed, you will definately have room to expand. My PC is in the case gallery named "my pc" if you want to see how much I have in there.

I realized you didn't really have the 140mm fans - at least from what I could see.

Are the 140mm fans bad? Or do you just get really good cooling with several 120mms?

If you could get real good cooling from the 120mms - what fans would you recommend?

I also am planning to buy a fan controller, I don't know if you had one or not -

but, do you know any reliable ones? I'm looking at the ZALMAN ZM-MFC1 Fan Controller Panel.

Thanks for the reply,

& thanks in advance if you reply again,

Lejaregg.

The 140 mm fans would not fit in the radiator like I would like them too. dispite what scyth says they have overhang and will interfere if another is to be stacked on top or too the side of it. Also 120 is one of the most common fans availble tody so you have a wide veriety to choose from. anywhere from scilent and about 45CFM to noisy as heck producing 200+ cfm. If you do toss a radiator at your haf then I recommend the scyth ultra kaze 120mm 110cfm varient. they are not too noisy from my taste but I work in an automotive shop all day and am on my way to being partially def so I would try one out first before putting two or three in.

P.S. the fans and fan controller have several months of use on them. they are reliable by my standerds for a fast fan.

i have one of his fans that i plan on modding into my cooler master stacker 810 :) possibly as a front intake

Just make sure Im there to see..... Mutually assured destruction is fun. :)

The 140 mm fans would not fit in the radiator like I would like them too. dispite what scyth says they have overhang and will interfere if another is to be stacked on top or too the side of it. Also 120 is one of the most common fans availble tody so you have a wide veriety to choose from. anywhere from scilent and about 45CFM to noisy as heck producing 200+ cfm. If you do toss a radiator at your haf then I recommend the scyth ultra kaze 120mm 110cfm varient. they are not too noisy from my taste but I work in an automotive shop all day and am on my way to being partially def so I would try one out first before putting two or three in.

P.S. the fans and fan controller have several months of use on them. they are reliable by my standerds for a fast fan.

I think I meant to put 230mm - not 140mm(?) I was referring to the stock fans. xD

& are you saying it comes with a fan controller - or are you referring to the one I stated being a good one?

Thanks,

Lejaregg

Cooler Mast HAF AMD Limited Edition Is $160 and has free shipping. The regular one is $140 and it costs $25 to ship it coming to a total of $165. I would go with the limited edition one because it's cheap and nicer looking IMO.

The Blue HAF 932 is $130 with mail in rebates and only cost $10 to ship only $140 total. I believe this model has mush more lighted fans but blue isn't for everyone. Just another option.

Edited by gabrieltessin

i just got my haf 932 and it absolutley amazing.. it has increased the cooling effectiveness of my cpu cooler, and video card coolers. the reason i got mine is because i got a new corsair 750watt and a second xfx 4870.. and the fans on the 4870s were working harder to keep them cool.. and the 750 watt corsair had so many cables my old case was a wirey mess.. the room in the case is amazing... the cooling is even more amazing.. and the ways you could mod it makes it even more amazing... i would not get the limited edition however.. it does lack a side fan... which is a missing 230mm fan. someone also mentioned the pcie clips are weak.. they are they cant hold my 4870s BUT the clips are just held in my a little metal pole that if you take the rear 140 mm fan off you can take the pole out and remove what clips you dont need.. and screw your video cards in like in a normal case thats what i did.. if you need pictures for a better explination let me know and ill upload some :) i would say go for the haf 932.. the only con i can think of is weight... and also a amature like me even made the wireing look good :D