Sign in to follow this  
TropicalPreist

AMD Veterans

I have here a MSI KT3 Ultra MS-6380E

1188612065l.jpg

I have just a few questions about the board and the cpu installed in it. The cpu is a AMD Athlon XP2100+ I think it's 1.3ghz. Can i upgrade this chip if so up too what? Im not sure the kind of socket type....Socket A? Also another question is regarding the heatsink and fan. For some reason it has a damn tornado fan on it. Anyone remember those? Well it spins at about 5,100 RPM and it's the loudest thing on the planet i've ever heard. I just want the stock one on here. If anyone could help me and point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

-Mike

As MSI's website states, the KT3 Ultra officially supports up to the Athlon XP 2600+.

As for the fan, buy something the same fan size, likely 80mm in this case, and swap the Tornado out for it.

I remember those Vantec Tornado fans. Sounded like a hair dryer on high. Miserable things.

It is a socket A alright, If I recall correctly the Athlon XP 2100+ is 2.1GHZ

See if you can find an old socket A laptop proc., they had unlocked multipliers.

look for an old HP POS laptop

I know the Pavilion ze4800 has what you want, cause I got one.

but, no you can't have it, I'm waiting to come across an MSI K7N Delta or ASUS K7N for it.

you might try these guys for a cooler:

A Socket A cooler:

best of luck on that old workhorse.

Edited by Scottike

I have trays and trays of socket A crap if you need something let me know. I won't even charge you for the darn thing lol

I have trays and trays of socket A crap if you need something let me know. I won't even charge you for the darn thing lol

A friend of mine offered me a Athlon XP 1800 just today.

(Trying to get ahold of a whole computer to mod,so I can start on tutorials :withstupid: )

I have tons of CPU's so if you need one just let me know. I think I still have a bunch of barton XP 2500's that clock up to 3200. I might even have the XP1700 that clocks to 3200 as well, man those were the days :lol:

the best heatsink you can find for those is the Thermalright si-91...those rocked...I had a few that replaced the Thermaltake Volcano 11 that I had...

I may have to hit up Bosco myself and I still have 4 or 5 Socket A boards that would make some nice surfer rigs....

the best heatsink you can find for those is the Thermalright si-91...those rocked...I had a few that replaced the Thermaltake Volcano 11 that I had...

I may have to hit up Bosco myself and I still have 4 or 5 Socket A boards that would make some nice surfer rigs....

I already did :thumbs-up: =P I wanna give a try to folding.

That motherboard reminds me of my old Biostar P4M800.