Sign in to follow this  
Special_K

Steam Problems

hey i got steam dl'd updated and installed, now i get this. i know i have a connection that works and all, and i know that off of my network that it works (my hallmate got it workin) so what could be the problem? :bah:

I know the feeling. If I don't play 4 times a day for at least an hour, I go insane. Do you have a firewall?

Hampster bites hurt really bad :(

I know the feeling. If I don't play 4 times a day for at least an hour, I go insane. Do you have a firewall?

Hampster bites hurt really bad :(

actually no, but i just installed one (it didnt work before) and its the saem firewall i used to have, i permitted steam to access the internet through it and still no luck :(

Try connecting the computer directly to the internet, as some routers block outgoing connections. The only other thing I can think of is reinstalling Windows.

lol just reinstalled windows, and formated my hdd, so everything is fresh and legit. the computer is connected to the internet via network cable, no other way ta do it :( so thats where im at

I can't thonk of anything else :( Hope you figure it out. and I will keep thinking/looking for a solution for you. Good Luck.