• No Consoles for me!

Wifi and Ethernet Port (Gigabit)

Updatable Firmware

Supports Logitech Harmony remotes with adapter

Internal Hard Drive

Blu-ray Live

USB ports

Outputs HD audio via Bitstream

The PS3 has been a long time Blu-ray reference player and will continue to be with firmware updates. Although there are other better blu-ray players, the PS3 has its place in the market.

If that doesn't convince you then maybe your just not into Home Theater. Then the regular entry-level $100-200 Blu-ray players will work for you.

Aaaaaah I see now!

I'm not too into home theatre but that makes so much more sense xD Haha

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PS3 has been a long time Blu-ray reference player and will continue to be with firmware updates. Although there are other better blu-ray players, the PS3 has its place in the market.

If that doesn't convince you then maybe your just not into Home Theater. Then the regular entry-level $100-200 Blu-ray players will work for you.

Not to mention there is only one Blu-Ray player that is convincingly better than the PS3 and that is the Onko ...and it costs what, $400? I originally was going to buy a standalone player as I've always despised the idea of playing movies off of a console. Never did with my ps2. Tried on the Xbox 360 but its so loud that trying to watch movies off that thing is like trying to ignore you live near an airport with V-22s testing their engines. But no matter which site I reviewed players on the PS3 was regarded as one of the best in class in both Blu-Ray playback and standard DVD upconversion. The PS3 is most definitely louder than any standalone player you'll find so a true Home Theaterphile should go for the Onko instead.

Far as this topic goes, I dunno its hard to pick just one as they both have their purposes. It really just depends what you want out of it. I think the PS3 is a better console all around, especially b/c of the Blu-Ray player and exclusives that are fun as hell. But to me a console has always been a "party machine" for lack of better words to describe them. It's a social toy. And more people have the Xbox 360 and therefore I know far more people who have it and get on XBox Live so for online fun I'd definitely gotta give it up to XBox Live as they have a bigger audience and have the better system. But if this isn't a concern, than PS3 is definitely the better way to go.

I'm definitely a "own both if you can afford it" kinda guy. I do agree though with whomever said Xbox needs another big name exclusive hit because I think the GoW series has a release every other year ...and even if it is every year you need more than 1 exclusive a year to keep the interest.

I still enjoy the PC more then both, but I like my ps3 better then the 360. PS3 has far more pros then the 360 and come out of the box with more features.

PS3=Built in WIFI, 360=$100 attachment

PS3=Rechargable controllers, 360=$15 attachment

PS3=Free online, 360=$8/mo or $50/year

PS3=One of the best bluray players out, 360=...none

PS3=Region Free, 360=Region locked

etc,etc,etc.

I still say it comes down to what you really want...if you are a hardcore online player then the 360 is the logical choice. It has a more polished, less buggy, and larger player base online. If you want to use your console for more then just gaming, and spend most of your time offline, then the PS3 may be a better choice for you.

Right now, there are two huge reasons to go PS3...upcoming releases of Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3. Both games will be system sellers on their own.

Did they say whether or not they intend to make a PS3 version?

No suggestion whatsoever ... and let me tell you this: when Razer want to hint at something, they hint at it. Given their past with Microsoft and whatnot, I think it would be fairly logical to assume that there will be no PS3 version.

That said, stranger things have happened.

Did they say whether or not they intend to make a PS3 version?
Unfortunately we didn't ask...and I realized that right when this topic started. doh. As Jack said, in all likelihood, they would have mentioned it if it was in their plans.

I have both, and like both. Though when a game comes out for both platforms, I am more likely to buy the 360 version first.
I have a friend with both and he chooses the 360 for multi-platform games for one reason: xbl achievements. Personally I think that's a ridiculous reason, but whatever :lol:

It's still arguably the best Blu-ray player on the market. Whenever I look at Blu-ray player reviews, there's usually a line along the lines of "but the PS3 is still better" :lol:

the quality of the games should the most important part of this equation, and although personally i think the PS3 has better exclusives, multi plat games tend to play better on 360, and they outnumber exclusives considerably. the cell processor might be a very powerful component, but as developers have said time and time again, it's very difficult to use that power effectively. the superior GPU in the 360 means overall it has more rounded specs, that is when it's not destroying itself. i've not seen the RROD after around 2 years, but like most 360 owners, i live in constant fear. :lol:

i suppose blu ray and free PSN would be a good selling point for most, but i have a blu ray writer in my PC and i much prefer offline multiplayer so neither are huge selling points for me.

IGN recently had an editorial on this matter that is a pretty interesting read.

My 360 takes several minutes from the time you turn it on until it is ready to even display the menu.

i'd just like to add that this is an absolute crock. i just turned on my 360 and it took less than 30 seconds to sign into xbox live and get to the menu. either this guy's 360 is broken, or he's completely biased. big -1 for IGN.

Edited by psycho_terror

Look at the poll results so far: 17, 17, 16.

Though the votes total only 50 so far (a far cry from the optimum stratified sample), it's pretty much as close as can be. All have their relative merits.

And more importantly, all have their relentless fanboys.

I prefer the 360 for the controller mainly.I just cant get used to those horrible analogue sticks on the dual shock 3.And those triggers? Hilarious would be my word of choice.The only thing i dont like about my 360 is the racket it makes when a disc is loaded up,but i suppose i'll be rid of that once i get a HDD for it.360 is a gamers machine,ps3 is a multimedia machine.

I prefer the 360 for the controller mainly.I just cant get used to those horrible analogue sticks on the dual shock 3.And those triggers?

You can buy these triggers for the PS3. They just snap on and are easy to take off. I own a pair for my controller.

Most game developers realize the issues with the controller and they swapped the buttons around. So it's the opposite of the 360. Both my brothers are CoD fans and they played it on a 360. Then MW2 came out, they bought it for the PS3. At first they hated the controller and now they love it. So I guess it, just how fast you can adapt to it. I personally play FPS on the PS3 with the default configuration (opposite of 360) and play just fine.

We brought it over to my aunt's house for Christmas and my cousins and brothers played the hell out of MW2 the majority of the day. Even got one of them interested in buying a PS3 rather than buying a new 360 to replace his disabled one.

Edited by Krazyxazn

When it comes to the controllers, I think it has a lot to do with what you grew up with. As an owner of the original PlayStation, the dual-analog Sony controllers were always my weapon of choice, and even the gamepad I have for my PC is the same design (Nyko AirFlo Ex). I got used to the Xbox controller when I used to play that though, and when I played Halo back in the day when my PC was busted, it actually effed up my CS 1.6 play when I finally got my PC back until I was able to get used to the actual precision of a mouse/keyboard again :lol:.

Anywho, I've yet to meet anyone who owned an original PS and actually prefers the Xbox controllers. Sure, they may have gotten used to them, but they still would have loved if MS just stuck to that design.

Still, either one is way better than every single controller Nintendo has put out.

One thing I never understnad with Console fans, when their 360 breaks, why on earht would you look to the PS3????

Surely you already have a large collection of games on your 360, and a network of freinds?

Considering the cost of games, and the fact most games play better on 360 if multi-platform, why would you ever switch? The cost is just huge (If you have even 10 games, at over

All of my freinds who own PS3's, no longer play them. 2 guys just use em as Blu-ray players now, and game on PC, and the other 2 just play on 360. For the plain and simple reason that sure it has some nice exclussives, but as was already said, the multiplatform games suck compared to 360.
That's a matter of opinion, and it depends largely on the games. I've seen some that look/play better on PS3 and some that look/play better on the 360. The only thing that they have in common is they both play worse than the PC :lol:.

As for people switching, how many of the old games do they still play? If there are only 1 or 2 games they still play, then trading in all the old games may be worth it for what they feel will be a superior experience on the PS3.

Lastly, if anyone is a PC gamer (meaning they actually have a decent gaming rig, and not merely playing casual Flash games), and they want a console, then PS3 should be the choice hands down. As I said, multi-platform games play better on the PC 99% of the time, so it just comes down to exclusives, and the PS3 has more. Most 360 "exclusives" come to the PC, which IMO means they're not exclusive at all. Just because the PS3 may not have it, the PC is a platform, and thus that makes 360/PC games multi-platform.