Ditched 360 for PS3

InCrYsIs

72 members have voted

1. 1. 360 or PS3?

• XBOX 360
    • Playstation 3
    • No Consoles for me!

I really like the 360 controller better but if i bought a console it would be ps3,,, no online fees and a blue ray player,,,, its a no brainer

i wish that they made the 360 controller with both sticks on the upper side instead of one up and one down,,, other than that the 360 controller fits my hands almost perfectly where the ps3 one feels really awkward to me

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN recently had an editorial on this matter that is a pretty interesting read.

As for me, I own all the consoles but the majority of my games are PS3. Why? Because it was the first one I bought (2 weeks after launch no less) and I've just felt more comfortable with the PS3. I've owned the PS1 and PS2 and I love the fact that I can play all those games on my PS3, benefits of it being a launch model. I play all my DVDs and Blu Rays on it, I can browse the web for new themes (something the 360 can't), and overall its just a much faster and much quieter machine than my 360. Aside from the Wii, the PS3 turns on the fastest and gets me ready to play the fastest. My 360 takes several minutes from the time you turn it on until it is ready to even display the menu.

I also just recently got a DualShock 3 controller and it is a lot lighter than a wireless 360 controller, probably due to the battery pack on the 360. Even so, I've always preferred the Playstation controllers because they feel more natural and don't have super slick, rounded buttons. I've hit the Start button more times than I can count on my 360 controller because my thumb slips right off the X button and onto the Start. Tiny design flaw that imo.

I've hit the Start button more times than I can count on my 360 controller because my thumb slips right off the X button and onto the Start. Tiny design flaw that imo.

I don't think that has ever happened to me. I own 3x 360 controllers and played on each of them. Do your hands get sweaty when you play?

I don't think that has ever happened to me. I own 3x 360 controllers and played on each of them. Do your hands get sweaty when you play?

No sir, they do not. It mostly happens during Madden when I have to hit X real fast, and my thumb hits it and slips right off and hits Start as well. Never had it happen on a PS controller, only on the 360 one.

I guess its depends on what game your playing. I mostly play shooter games and X is reload. Rarely in a rush to push it haha.

Although I did hit the center power button when I use the joysticks sometimes lol.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I guess its depends on what game your playing. I mostly play shooter games and X is reload. Rarely in a rush to push it haha.

Although I did hit the center power button when I use the joysticks sometimes lol.

lol nice, I can't say I've done that. Its mostly just during Madden, I haven't tried it yet during Bayonetta or anything but we'll see.

Don't own either 'really' there is an Xbox 360 around here though and it did have XBL for a bit. Gotta say I perfer the quality of the connection XBL vs. Sony's free service so you get what you pay for really in the end. Overall 360 also has had it with price point and even if it is possibly (as I have no idea) selling at a loss it still isn't as much of a loss as what sony sells their PS3 with. Bottom line for me PS3 does not have enough exclusives to make me want it that much 'yet' so that could change in the future.

Edited by Compxpert

360 is in dire need of another blockbuster exclusive.. They had Halo and Gears of War (the only two i can remember off the top of my head).

ps3 has recently added Uncharted2 and Killzone2 to their exclusivity list.

360 has Mass Effect 2 coming in 15 days. and Alan Wake coming sometime down the road.. (if you know of any others then post them)

ps3 has...not sure what they got coming out , someone enlighten me

btw i know im forgetting some for each console. i havent followed consoles since the halo 3 days ha

Edited by ShallowBay