Ditched 360 for PS3

InCrYsIs

72 members have voted

1. 1. 360 or PS3?

• XBOX 360
    • Playstation 3
    • No Consoles for me!

I recently sold my 360 and bought a PS3 and I must say I am way more pleased with the PS3. Not to mention the fact that Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I have ever played. The system is quieter, loads faster and the Blu-Ray plater is way better than my stand alone Blu-Ray player. The online store is nice even though the Xbox Live stuff is better than PS3's online component. I like the controller layout and the weight over the 360's.

What's your opinion.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No consoles for me, but if I had to choose one, it'd definitely be the PS3. It simply has more exclusives and the Blu-Ray player is a bonus, though probably wouldn't get used much.

My thoughts exactly.

I own both, but recently I've been playing PS3 more with BC2 and MAG beta. Later this year Final Fantasy 13 and all those other games.

Can't think of any game I want to play on the 360 this year, other than Splinter Cell: Conviction. Which I'll probably just get on the PC like all the earlier versions.

I wouldn't say I ditched the 360 as I rarely play either console unless I really like a game I can't get on the PC.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I voted playstation 3, as I would buy it if I didint have any friends. However, almost everyone I know (if they own a console) it's a 360. Therefore, I would buy 360 so I could play with my friends. I really don't understand why not buy a ps3; bluray, better quality in games now that developers are starting to use the cell processor's full potential and I have to agree with everyone else here: The d-pad should be at the top.

I have always hated the xbox controller, why is the the dpad where the left analog stick should be? I have never owned an Xbox and probably never will.

Because they wanted to be different than Sony. I agree though. Although I got used to it when I used to play, I certainly like the PS controllers better.

Nevertheless, the new one coming out from Razer is awesome.

No consoles for me, but if I had to choose one, it'd definitely be the PS3. It simply has more exclusives and he blu-Ray player is a bonus, though probably wouldn't get used much.

I have noticed the exclusives are better for PS3 as well. MLB The Show is the best baseball game out there, only on the PS3.

I have both systems and I would disagree with the load thing. I find that my 360 boots up and into a game much faster than my PS3. I will agree that it is quieter. As for the controller layout it is pretty good, the problem I see is how games utilize the controller mappings, for instance a first person shoot has your trigger mapped to R1, my logical thinking when picking up the controller for the first time would think that it would be the R2 button as it fits in your hand that way. At least thats how the 360 maps its buttons for alot of games. It just is really weird to be 'pulling the trigger' from a button that is 'on top'.

You can likely change it but by default it is that way.

Overall I enjoy both systems, and each have their pro's and their cons. I will likely use my 360 for some games and my PS3 for others. The one thing I also like about the PS3 is that it is free to play online, unlike XBL. Personally if you have an internet connection you should be able to connect to an online game for free imo....

As for exclusives, the PS keeps losing alot of their exclusives, look at Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, etc... The only good exclusives I have played so far on the PS3 was the uncharted series. I got Resistance as well and while it isn't a bad game it is a fast aging game and you can totally tell. Resistance 2 is likely alot better but I have yet to beat 1 lol....

Oh and the Dual Shock 3 controller is so much more lighter than the Xbox controller.

Edited by greengiant912

The problem with the 360 is that it Breaks and if it hasnt yet, it will soon, but all your friends buy it and you dont want to be left out right? Thats why i got a 360, though im thinking of dumping mine and getting a PS3 slim as its looking tempting.. I think it would be strange for me though because ive gradually (over 2 years) Gotten used to the 360's controller design.

Because they wanted to be different than Sony. I agree though. Although I got used to it when I used to play, I certainly like the PS controllers better.

Nevertheless, the new one coming out from Razer is awesome.

yeah i watched you guys playing arround with it and was VERY impressed by its features :)

Edited by SenitaL