What is your 2010 gaming resolution?

sack_patrol

Well I've followed my golden rule (which is obviously better than yours) and I've never failed a class in my life, except for last year I failed French class. Though thats because I've only spoken it for almost 3 years now..and I don't really care about french. I also rarely do homework or study, but I'm at the same time at the top of the classes...not the number one but better than like 90% of the students.

Get back to us when you're in something harder than high school. :lol:

Also...I lol'd at "I've never failed a class...except this one time..." :P

My gaming resolutions:

Spend more time playing Forza 3.

Start/finish the gaming room.

Find time to play L4D2 (I've clocked maybe 3 hours since I bought it).

Beat Dragon Age: Origins.

Do all of the above and not fall behind in classes or research. :P

I've been able to manage it pretty well up until this year. All my courses are senior level engineering classes with extensive projects. Its not necessarily that they are difficult as much as they are time consuming. I'd rather take a break from gaming for a few months than fail a class now and not graduate on time.

What degree are you pursuing? EE? ME? CompE? I think you've mentioned it before but I'm having a brain fart. :D

Edited by Waco

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What degree are you pursuing? EE? ME? CompE? I think you've mentioned it before but I'm having a brain fart. :D

Bachelors in Computer Engineering. I graduate at the end of May. I'm about 5 weeks into my Senior Project, and it eats up tons of time.

Bachelors in Computer Engineering. I graduate at the end of May. I'm about 5 weeks into my Senior Project, and it eats up tons of time.

Good luck! I hated my senior project...there were too many people in the class to manage it well. It sucked up a TON of my time my final semester. <_<

Edited by Waco

I gamed a lot in college (and wasn't a slouch, either!). You just have to be good with time management. ;)

lol right!

I gamed like you wouldn't believe ...omfg did i game, had 3-5hr Kung Fu training sessions 3 days a week, worked full-time, went to school full-time, went on dates all the time, there was this hottie teacher (uhm.. yeah, anyway) hung out with friends at least 3-5 days a week partying, clubing, going to movies, etc,.. and still had a 3.2 - 3.5 GPA. Granted I didn't study, only ate 1 meal a day and only slept 2-3hrs (not including the time spent sleeping in class) but hey... IT'S COLLEGE! That's on the norm, right?

Gaming Resolutions, hrm..

- Spend more time gaming on console than I had before and not just on the PC ...MW2 doesn't count

- Maybe actually finish a couple games

- Maybe actually start a few... :unsure:

it's triple screen 1920x1080 :)

hopefully my 2010 gaming resolution will be 2560x1600... but that'll only happen if I get a career job instead of the retail crap I'm doing now lol

it's triple screen 1920x1080 :)

hopefully my 2010 gaming resolution will be 2560x1600... but that'll only happen if I get a career job instead of the retail crap I'm doing now lol

Ahh - makes sense. I'm too tired to put 2 and 2 together ...or 1 and 1 and 1 :P I want my pillow more than 3 monitors right now!

I did retail to pay for school ...along with working at an arcade ...and a couple really crappy/dirty jobs.